• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    I am not sure if is the right section to post this in but, it seems like a curio item.
    I picked up a BAR armorers training rifle at an auction last weekend. It is. A. 2x scale with cutaways so you can see all of the inner workings of the rifle. It was very complete including the magazine, plastic bullets, display stand, and shipping crate. Best of all the wife does not hate it!!!! She actually said it looks pretty cool sitting on the shelf in the basement.

Also I need to give a big thank you to Greg at A1 uniform for taking the time to figure out what this thing is worth. Great guys at A1!

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      67.3 KB · Views: 330

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    Just for a size reference this is it up against my truck.
    F-150 with 35" tires

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      139.1 KB · Views: 296

Cruacious

C&R Farmer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Elkton
    Man, that is cool! I'd personally love to have the real article, ofc, but seeing the training model is just as nice.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    Noodle that thing out and then you can fire the real one I have. 30-06 full auto is quite exciting.

Glad you won it!

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    Thank you all for the kind replies! Seeing this thing on the shelf makes me smile every time I walk down my basement stairs.
    I kind of feel guilty keeping this thing to myself. It is one of those things that would be neat to let others see. Who knows maybe I will see if any of the IPs around here want to display it in there shops for a few weeks out of the year.

Machodoc- I will let you know if I am going to sell it. These training rifles do command a pretty penny so I hope he is a really good friend if you are giving out presants like that. If you do.....are you looking for a new best friend?

A1 uniforms - did you just invite me to shoot the real thing? If so when, where, and how much ammo do I need to bring?

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    Thank you all for the kind replies! Seeing this thing on the shelf makes me smile every time I walk down my basement stairs.
    I kind of feel guilty keeping this thing to myself. It is one of those things that would be neat to let others see. Who knows maybe I will see if any of the IPs around here want to display it in there shops for a few weeks out of the year.

Machodoc- I will let you know if I am going to sell it. These training rifles do command a pretty penny so I hope he is a really good friend if you are giving out presants like that. If you do.....are you looking for a new best friend��?

A1 uniforms - did you just invite me to shoot the real thing? If so when, where, and how much ammo do I need to bring?

Yup, I have the real thing, and we trot it out on occasion. I'll let you know when we take it on its next outing. ;)

I love cranking it up at Gilbert's in Rockville; it pretty much clears out the stalls of other shooters.

bar.jpg

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    Yup, I have the real thing, and we trot it out on occasion. I'll let you know when we take it on its next outing. ;)

I love cranking it up at Gilbert's in Rockville; it pretty much clears out the stalls of other shooters.

bar.jpg

Please do let me know!!!!! I would love to shoot one. If you ever have any interest in displaying my training rifle in your shop let me know and I can put it on loan to you.

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    Necrothread warning!!!!!

If you would like to see this in person you can this weekend. The good people of Medusa Munitions will have it on consignment at their booth in Chantilly.

It will be there all 3 days ( or until it sells).

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I used to own a Marlin-Rockwell 1918 upgraded to 1918A2...was a true fun gun. I had it out on a farm in WV where we were defoliated the place...trees were dropping.

It's the only gun I ever heard that sounded exactly like they do on tv and the movies.

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    These do indeed bring a pretty penny. There seems to be a dedicated following for US classroom training examples.
    Hopefully the right person comes along at the gun show and wants it. It is a bit of an extra rare example. Most of them are wood and metal. This one one of the rarer all metal examples It has the original transport case and still has close to a dozen of the training rounds.
    It was time to let it go. At my old house I was able to prominently display it in the basement. At our new (4 years now) it has been relegated to a storage closet. It is one of those things that deserves to be somewhere it can be displayed.

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    I used to own a Marlin-Rockwell 1918 upgraded to 1918A2...was a true fun gun. I had it out on a farm in WV where we were defoliated the place...trees were dropping.

It's the only gun I ever heard that sounded exactly like they do on tv and the movies.
    That is awesome. A real BAR is one of my dream guns!

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    what’s the market value for one of those out of curiosity? Very nice, btw.
    I am not sure what the market price is. The last one I saw sold was over two years ago. In the last 5ish years I have seen them sell between $4,500-8,000 with out the case. All of those were the wood and metal versions.
    I have only seen on all metal one (like mine) go up for auction. They had an estimate of $16,000-18,000 (rock island auction) but, it failed to sell.
    I am not sure what price is listed on it at the show. I gave the consigner my minimum price and some information on the few sales I have seen and let them set the price.

Edit: I believe they were going to list it much closer to the prices of the wood/metal versions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom