• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mh53pvlow

MPDC3291
    Mar 28, 2013
    Montgomery Village
    I'm looking for two M1907 slings. I was hoping you guys could give your opinions on all the ones offered out there. These slings will not see a lot of wear and tear. Thanks for your help.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    Are you using it for show to just complete the rifle, to shoot seriously or compete? Even though the sling might not see a lot of use, you do want it to work well when you need it.

I buy most if not all of my service rifle stuff from Creedmoor Sports. They have an inexpensive cotton sling (admittedly not a 1907) to pricier leather slings. My personal favorite is their Ron Brown Sling. It's very sturdy, has numbered holes, adjusts easily and most importantly really locks tight and stays tight when you cinch it down.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Turner is way behind in production. I waited over 6 months for one and never did get it! The Ron Brown sling is better and in stock at Creedmoor Sports. It costs less too!

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Turners are nice both for display and match use.

You can look for later USGI ones (made up until the 90's I believe) on forums and Ebay. They're not as nicely made as Turners or some of the pre-WWII stuff, but they're fine for display and use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom