• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    It will be Shock wave technologies.com Z-Mags once they start selling their new mags again. Production just started (last week?) and they stopped taking orders until they caught up.

-Jim

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    It will be Shock wave technologies.com Z-Mags once they start selling their new mags again. Production just started (last week?) and they stopped taking orders until they caught up.

-Jim

Well, assuming these pan out to be as good as they are being talked about, yes they look like they will be the way to go. I have seen enough of these types of things go bad that I don't pre-order. Also first runs usually get the bugs...

After that, Recon Ordnance/US MG mags are good. They are steel and hold up well. However they do not have a mag stop. If you over insert them and jam them, they will bend your ejector rod and ruin your day. I have been through about a half dozen because I forget to tell people not to jam the mag in. If you do get them, lage sells hardened steel ejectors, get 2 at least, one as spare as I have even bent these. However the mags feed about 100%.

Plastic stock mags are junk if you ask me. I have actually had rounds pop out of the feed lips when the mag is full. They run ok but they are clearly the weak point of owning a Mac.

I also have Suomi DF Mags, that I use with my rare version of the Max11 DF upper. They are the best... but are not 100% on the feed. I have been tweaking my feedramp hoping to get as near 100% feed as possible.

So in short, get a few for now and wait and see how those shock wave mags turn out... thats my suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    KD96

Latest threads

Top Bottom