• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Orlando

I did a experiment a few years back. I put a drop of water on a stock finished with many coats of BLO. I covered the drop to keep evaportaion down to a minimum. I let it set for 24hrs .The water drop was the same , I wiped off the drop and there was zero discoloration from absorbsion.
    Is BLO waterproof?? Heck no, does it do a good job for our babied military stocks?? Yes. Did Tung and Linseed oil do a a good job in adverse conditions for our GIs in very adverse weather conditions? Yes
    Military stocks are not fine furniture and IMO are not supposed to look like it
    BLO has worked fine for all 30 of my Garands

Orlando

All I did was complement your rifle and started a discussion .You start calling names and talking down to someone who has another view. Now you are pouting, deleted your posts and taking your toys and going home
    So sensitive:)

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek

Bolts Rock, I have recently been where you likely are tonight. I took a month off from the forum. When I came back, the BS was still here, but I had a different attitude about it.

The pics of your refinish projects were great! Many of us wish we had your skills.
    And many of us use all the refinish methods and products you talked about on this thread.

Please take a deep breath. More importantly, don't exit the forum because of other's remarks...

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    :innocent0

Attachments

• butthurt.jpg
      butthurt.jpg
      28 KB · Views: 179

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Damn ... you spend one day away from the forums, and look what you miss!

In any case, seeing ". . . . . and ." is probably for the best. I also recommend what j8064 had to say. It's just a discussion forum, after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom