• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dad4

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2013
    Cecil County
    I joined primarily to satisfy the CMP requirements so I could purchase a Garand through them. For the $25 dollars you get instant recognition of your membership with the CMP. I joined about 1 year ago and they simply send you a quarterly magazine that focuses on some aspect of the M-1 Garand, obviously. Nothing more, nothing less. I say join and buy yourself a Garand.

silanehead

Sarcastic Member
    Oct 24, 2012
    Dundalk
    I joined the one in Rockville for $14/yr. Got a membership card and never heard from them since.
    But if it satisfies the CMP I'm happy.

Jack5j

Nov 29, 2013
    Kent Island
    I joined primarily to satisfy the CMP requirements so I could purchase a Garand through them. For the $25 dollars you get instant recognition of your membership with the CMP. I joined about 1 year ago and they simply send you a quarterly magazine that focuses on some aspect of the M-1 Garand, obviously. Nothing more, nothing less. I say join and buy yourself a Garand.

I just got my membership and 1st magazine today. I joined 1/3 to order a Garand that day, then joined a club that would satisfy the requirement. I think both are worth it. (Still waiting on word on the Garand and unable to use the CMP forums,) though.

dad4

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2013
    Cecil County

To clarify I joined the Garand Collectors Association to fulfill the CMP requiremnt

http://www.thegca.org/

JHE1956

Apr 16, 2013
    Annapolis
    The GCA quarterly has a classified ad section that I have found in the past to be good place to source hard to find vintage parts.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Though I belong to a qualifying club I joined on 1/7 and got my membership card and magazine today. Well worth it IMO.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I suspect that most of the members of the Garand Owner's Association (or whatever the correct name for them is) initially joined in order to get CMP eligibility, but they have an interesting magazine. When another club that I belong to also was recognized by the CMP, I let my membership lapse. It wasn't worth it to me just for the magazine alone, but I would have gladly kept up my membership if I still needed CMP access ... and the magazine.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Just like Machodoc, I let my GCA membership lapse a couple years ago. Now I use my Monumental Rifle and Pistol Club membership to qualify. I just scan by membership badge every year when I renew it, and e-mail the scan to the CMP.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Years and years ago, I participated in a club sponsored Garand shoot. This is how I was able to by my first CMP Garand. Since then my C&R has been used. Then of course, theirs always Lou45 and Shooters Discount. At one Timonium show I bought 5 from him. He was cool with the purchse until he saw my name on my license. Imagine Jim Smith buying 5 Garand rifles at one time. I was delayed for almost a week. Lou was cool about it.

Garands are my ONE failing...okay one of my failings.
    Jim Smith

mh53gunner

Dec 17, 2009
    The M1 Collectors Club is still very active. Membership is still $14.00 a year. You can also join the M1CC at both of the CMP Stores.

CSJ

Dec 20, 2013
    Rockville
    For $25 I joined the Maryland State Rifle and Pistol Club. No problem with CMP purchase. They were a little slow in getting out the membership card (30 days or so). No communication from then other then the card, I wanted to support a Maryland organization. CMP order processed, waiting on shipping!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom