• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cmecha

Feb 10, 2009
    So just got a standard products M1 any things I should know? Also where to buy ammo.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    If you shoot M1 you have to reload.

Standard products were one of the lower production manufacturers, they dont have the mystique that IBM's and Rockola's due but are fairly scare.

Value depends on condition, early vs old features and a half dozen other key factors.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    In normal times, the CMP is a decent source for Carbine ammo. Usually they have Aguilla, though they had some Lake City not long ago.

Right now, of course, it's backordered about six months or so, but if you get on the list, you might have it by Christmas.

ITEM # DESCRIPTION PRICE
    438A
    Aguila .30 Carbine Ammunition, 500 rounds. Manufactured by Aguila. .30 carbine. 110 grain. FMJ. Copper jacketed, brass case, boxer primed, non-corrosive.
    $210.00
    NEW PRICE effective 3-25-13
    S&H $11.95 per case
    S&H to Alaska or Hawaii $16.95 per case

Currently sold out but expecting delivery from manufacturer in 6 month. Will fill orders when ammo is received
    http://www.thecmp.org/Sales/ammo.htm

DanJo

Mar 4, 2010
    Western Howard County
    Like all ammo, 30 is hard to find and expensive. Buy some of the more expensive ammo for now and then place an order with CMP and wait for them to ship in six months. The CMP ammo is a fair deal, but on backorder. Save your brass and reload.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    ^^^ THIS! That's why the S&B and PPU isn't that bad a deal ... over time. You should be able to get several re-loads out of the brass, boxer-primed, cases.

We get about 5 reloads out of ours. Now sometimes the bullets (even in normal conditions) can be hard to get. Last batch of bullet heads I bought were about $35/500.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I have a couple thousand rounds of US surplus ammo but hate to shoot it because it's so hard to get anymore. That's sad....not shooting or not enjoying shooting because you can't get more. Poor little carbine just sits.

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    TO COMBLOC: Go shoot the damn gun...all that ammo.....cmon dude....I will help you shoot if you need some assistance :-) Nice Schnauzer pic, I miss my 2 :-(

cmecha

Feb 10, 2009
    ^ this but i agree i have 2 spam cans of .30-06 i can't bring my self to open cause Walmart always has it in stock. but i have 3 bando's of carbine ammo i'm gonna shoot 1 up this weekend.

paxfish

Ultimate Member
    Nov 11, 2008
    Culvert & Points West
    Reloading Carbine.

so are Lake city brass primers crimped?

Many are, but you can ream the case for easy reloading.

Bullets are becoming avail - I'm starting to reload lead. There is an apparent myth out there that lead will clog the gas system. It seems that many people shoot lead the carbine without ill-effect.

I've been loading FMJ with H110 powder, but it seems another powder is preferred for lead without gas checks.

IMG_0389.JPG

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    Many are, but you can ream the case for easy reloading.

Bullets are becoming avail - I'm starting to reload lead. There is an apparent myth out there that lead will clog the gas system. It seems that many people shoot lead the carbine without ill-effect.

I've been loading FMJ with H110 powder, but it seems another powder is preferred for lead without gas checks.

IMG_0389.JPG

I have been reloading for years. 110gr JHP behind 14 gr of 296. Never had a problem. Most people say that an M1 carbine will not feed anything but a FMJ. Aparently mine has not got that word. I replaced the eariler bolt with the M2 bolt after rebarreling for robustness in 03 and it still feeds them. Never shot lead the JHP clocs at 1900 fps. Way too fast for lead. I would not trust that even with gas checks.

Oh, it helps to lub these cases even if you are using carbide dies. They are long and had to resize if not.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/33...er-110-grain-jacketed-hollow-point-box-of-100

My they got pricy. same price as my 168 gr BTHP I bought for my bolt gun a few yeast back. Glad I bought a thousand.

Last edited:

chucks

Sep 30, 2010
    You can occasionally still find decently priced ammo at gun shows. That's where I buy my ammo. There are several shows coming up in June.

cmecha

Feb 10, 2009
    i'm going to talk to my dealer tonight and show it to him. He's a good guy and will spare some ammo if he can, well maybe he likes to horde as much as anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom