• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I'd bet money Paul from the MDTCA has boatloads of original oilers he'd sell. That reminds me, I'm looking for a correct (likely reproduction) sling. I don't have one w/ the snap at the front. RRomig, I'll ask Paul. I'll be seeing him on Sat so it would save you shipping.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    I'd bet money Paul from the MDTCA has boatloads of original oilers he'd sell. That reminds me, I'm looking for a correct (likely reproduction) sling. I don't have one w/ the snap at the front. RRomig, I'll ask Paul. I'll be seeing him on Sat so it would save you shipping.
    Perfect
    Thanks

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    M1 carbine not so great. The old 1st Sgt said, "You don't want one of those. I shot a guy in Vietnam with one and he just kept on running."

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    … Ammo isn't cheap.

So true; and, ^Understatement^

Cant say it’s not available but, not always readily either …

I positively ADORE the .30 cal. carbine (we retain one, the wife’s late WWII Pacific-documented, all original Winchester) , its history, it’s simplicity, it’s light weight, a LOT of wonderful firing line and range memories (that involved surplus ammo by the 5-gal bucket fulls! :-)

Nevertheless, for $2,600, I’d consider a top quality 9mm carbine (it’s the 20th Century .30 cal. carbine after all!) instead … SIG MPX, MBX Extreme or go all in for a JP Custom (<now there’s a carbine to be handed down, generation to generation!)

Last edited:

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I prefer M1 Garand greatly to the M1 Carbine. That said, I wanted to add an WW II M1 Carbine to the herd just to have one. Last trade I did with Oldcarjunkie was to trade him one of my P08 Lugers for a Winchester M1 Carbine. I really have only test fired it so I can't really speak to how well it shoots. But that would be a tough one to ever let go because of who it came from. And, it is a pretty decent condition one at that.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I'd prefer an M-2 but I'm not rich.
    IMG_1642.png

U.S.SFC_RET

Ultimate Member
    Dec 8, 2005
    I have had three at one time or another and like the one that I have presently. These things were built close to eighty years ago so expect the M1 carbine to behave less than stellar. You can't beat them for nostalgia. My bottom line is I wouldn't trust one for home defense.

Blaserman

MDS Supporter
    Mar 5, 2023
    Dundalk Md
    Take a Trip to Delaware
    First State Firearms
    Big sign reads The Gun shop
    Lane Carry owns it Better than the old Millers. Matter of fact 2 of the main miller guys work there
    They have M1 Carbines all the time

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I have an old M1 Carbine from CMP and it does shoot well for the kind of rifle it is but to me it's more of a collector gun. If you want one purely for recreation there's the Fulton Armory (as already mentioned) which is probably the best money can buy. There are other clones like Auto Ordnance or Inland for about half the price.

https://grabagun.com/auto-ord-m1-carb-30cal-15rd-prk-wlnt.html

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    OP honestly though, if it were me and I was spending $2600 - see if Fulton Armory will build you an M1 Garand chambered in 308 Win as a short-barreled tanker version!! That would rock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom