M-T Headed for defeat (or: heads up O'Malley your career is over)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Hey dblas, fabrosman and I are from 9A, satisfied with our representatives. I think what he's asking and I have been asking is: how can we help the other districts efforts to make it clear that voting against the COTUS will not be tolerated?

*** Bombing - bomber blamed. Shooting - gun blamed. Benghazi - nobody blamed. ***

Exactly. I read both of my delegates summaries of the session. Miller's was titled the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, and his views are right on target with mine based upon how he categorized the items. I read through most of Delegate Bates' summary and she too is inline with my feelings. So, I have no desire to vote either of them out, or even run against them, since they represent my values so closely.

My question is, how can I help those of you in other districts that did not do as well on SB281? Mind you, I understand that very few people elect their politicians based upon a single issue. So, how can we get somebody in District 21 to run against the incumbents and just be a little more mild regarding the 2nd Amendment. Or, how can we get the 2nd Amendment supporters in District 21 to be a little more vocal about this subject. Just hard to believe that so few people in general contacted their representatives in District 21.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Hey dblas, fabrosman and I are from 9A, satisfied with our representatives. I think what he's asking and I have been asking is: how can we help the other districts efforts to make it clear that voting against the COTUS will not be tolerated?

*** Bombing - bomber blamed. Shooting - gun blamed. Benghazi - nobody blamed. ***

SNI - I get it and once we have folks lined up for the 21st District I will let people know and see what we can do to get behind them.

Wow, all of less than 100 people had contacted their delegates in District 21 as of March 25th. That is INSANE. Do people in District 21 care that little about politics, or is it that they just cared that little about SB281?

Most are sheeple in this district, dense suburban area that includes Adelphi, College Park, Beltsville, up to Laurel, Maryland City, Odenton, Prince Orchard and part of Gambrills. I tried to get more folks to call, write, e-mail or fax, but most were like, "why, it won't make a difference." So a bunch of apathy as well. Most are just concerned about "me".

If you two haven't already, hit http://www.mdfass.com and click on the contact registration link and be available when we need volunteers.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Exactly. I read both of my delegates summaries of the session. Miller's was titled the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, and his views are right on target with mine based upon how he categorized the items. I read through most of Delegate Bates' summary and she too is inline with my feelings. So, I have no desire to vote either of them out, or even run against them, since they represent my values so closely.

My question is, how can I help those of you in other districts that did not do as well on SB281? Mind you, I understand that very few people elect their politicians based upon a single issue. So, how can we get somebody in District 21 to run against the incumbents and just be a little more mild regarding the 2nd Amendment. Or, how can we get the 2nd Amendment supporters in District 21 to be a little more vocal about this subject. Just hard to believe that so few people in general contacted their representatives in District 21.

Right now, I could care less where they stand on anything, I just want the incumbents replaced. The replacements won't have the seniority of the incumbents and certainly won't end up on the same committees, and if they do, not with the same pull. If they work with us, great, if not we remind them how they got there and to plan for unemployment after their 1st four years.

River Mud

Mar 19, 2013
    Wow, all of less than 100 people had contacted their delegates in District 21 as of March 25th. That is INSANE. Do people in District 21 care that little about politics, or is it that they just cared that little about SB281?

Well, my Rep's staffer finally angrily emailed me back and said that they wouldn't count my emails, faxes, or calls because even though I provided my home address and phone number, I didn't provide my zip code and "I couldn't be verified as a constituent."

Of course nowhere on my Rep's website does it say "BE SURE TO PROVIDE YOUR ZIP CODE SO WE CAN MOST EFFECTIVELY SERVE YOU" or something helpful like that. I pointed that out to the snarky staffer, named Pat (who I falsely thought was a man - mistake on my part). Pat's only response?

"It's MRS. Pat." No attempt to address the fact that they buried my correspondence with the form letters from the NRA and NSSF, instead of counting them along with the form letters from MD'ers against Gun Violence.

Freaking joke.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Well, my Rep's staffer finally angrily emailed me back and said that they wouldn't count my emails, faxes, or calls because even though I provided my home address and phone number, I didn't provide my zip code and "I couldn't be verified as a constituent."

Of course nowhere on my Rep's website does it say "BE SURE TO PROVIDE YOUR ZIP CODE SO WE CAN MOST EFFECTIVELY SERVE YOU" or something helpful like that. I pointed that out to the snarky staffer, named Pat (who I falsely thought was a man - mistake on my part). Pat's only response?

"It's MRS. Pat." No attempt to address the fact that they buried my correspondence with the form letters from the NRA and NSSF, instead of counting them along with the form letters from MD'ers against Gun Violence.

Freaking joke.

Now, why wouldn't you put your zip code on a letter/fax that you send to your representatives? I am sitting here scratching my head over that one.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Right now, I could care less where they stand on anything, I just want the incumbents replaced. The replacements won't have the seniority of the incumbents and certainly won't end up on the same committees, and if they do, not with the same pull. If they work with us, great, if not we remind them how they got there and to plan for unemployment after their 1st four years.

I completely agree. The lower on the totem pole they are, the better. If Frosh and Busch did not have so much seniority, they never would have been able to push their lapdogs into voting, and changing votes, to meet the agenda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom