• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    Want to get myself a little 22, heard good reviews on both guns but the rugged feels kind of small in my average size hands.

If you have any experience, please share.

Also if you know where I can get a good deal in Moco, please share also (lowest I found online is $289)

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    I used to own the SR22 but now own the M&P Compact 22. Both are great guns and aren't (at least in my experience) as ammo-sensitive as other .22 pistols. The SR22 has a very small grip, while the M&P Compact feels a little larger in the hand. If you have larger hands, the SR22 may feel a little cramped. IMHO, you can't go wrong with either gun, so I would get whichever fit your hand better or was the better price.

c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    So, I took the little m&p22 for a spin on Monday. Oh boy, what a little beast, love it. It's my first .22 and I shot the entire box of 325 automatch without a hic up. It feels great like a full size pistol unlike the sr22. Just to be fair, I never shot the sr22, but the grip is better on the m&p.

Paid $289 shipped, great buy!

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    So, I took the little m&p22 for a spin on Monday. Oh boy, what a little beast, love it. It's my first .22 and I shot the entire box of 325 automatch without a hic up. It feels great like a full size pistol unlike the sr22. Just to be fair, I never shot the sr22, but the grip is better on the m&p.

Paid $289 shipped, great buy!

I commented on another MP-22 thread. The trigger pull is Looooooong. I love the way the gun feels and the pull isn't heavy but I didn't think the gun was ever going to go bang.

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    I just picked up an SR22 a about a week ago. I like it so far, but its the first time Ive shot a .22 in less than a 6 inch barrel. I was a bit shocked by how loud it was.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom