• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ppat

Jun 2, 2012
    What FFLs near Baltimore would transfer these for cost plus their usual regulated transfer fee? From what I've heard, most are only willing to do stuff like $25 transfers on private sales of used guns.

Gun connection in white marsh does 30$ transfers for mdshooters members... Thats the cheapest ive seen

Glockman

Jun 20, 2011
    Not sure this is why, but rumors on the Smith forum are that trigger changes may be in the works for the M&P line. Specifically due to how well the reset in the Shield trigger has been received.

Probably just a big sale tho.

I was very interested in M&Ps a few months ago, until I shot one. I just really hated the trigger. If I ever bought one I would definitely have to have a gunsmith do some trigger work to it.

robertgreen79

Mar 20, 2012
    College Park
    I don't really care for mine, the frame seems very cheap in comparison to my Hk's and PPQ. The trigger is marginal at best... the sights were not properly aligned out of the box... You're not missing much...

Oh and the slide had to go back as it was one of the early ones that had some kind of crap on the slide that rusted....

So you're saying you want to give it away, right? ;)

Guderian

Mar 31, 2011
    I was very interested in M&Ps a few months ago, until I shot one. I just really hated the trigger. If I ever bought one I would definitely have to have a gunsmith do some trigger work to it.

IMO, all of the DAO SSP triggers are relatively the same. And luckily, today, there are trigger upgrades for almost every SSP out there so it's really a non-issue.

If anyone is interested in the M&P9, I encourage you to go to a range and rent one. If you want to see what it feels like with an Apex trigger upgrade, contact me and we can meet at Freestate.

I shot the stock trigger for a year, and thought that the complaints were overrated. I still do; however, after an M&P9 owner let me try his Apex trigger, I was sold.

The stock trigger has a hard wall that makes staging the trigger more positive. The Apex trigger has a wall too, but it feels like it is more from the spring tension than the plunger since the Apex plunger is polished and rounded.

You can stage the Apex trigger too, but it's more risky IMO. You can pull past the "wall" by accident.

In my case, the Apex trigger also increased the feel of the reset slightly. That being said, I don't use the reset that often.

Finally, the Apex trigger decreases the over travel. This, in combination with the polished plunger and changed plunger spring eliminated the wobble at the end of the pull for me because the wall is a lot easier to pull through and the over travel is much shorter FWIW.

As I said before, IMO both triggers are fine. It's more of what you're looking for. Try them both and decide.

Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    ...Even on new guns from wholesalers, competing against inventory that they're already trying to sell at their normal markup?

Always have for me, they have done 4 or 5 for me this year of firearms I bought online.

Palmetto state armory should have them on file, my last transfer at gc was from psa.

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    I love my m&p 45 and would happily get a 9mm. It seems only the .40's are left for some reason :lol2:

I need to think about a trigger job, i'm ok with it as is but i know it can be better.

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul

The only big complaints I've seen on the Shield trigger, now that the "wow" factor is wearing off for some, is that it has, "...a ridiculous amount of over-travel" after the round is fired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom