• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nyc71

May 14, 2012
    I too haven't had any luck locating the FDE mags. I recently order a MOe from buds, will get it next week.

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    You guys can always do what I did for the mags for my sig 522. Take em apart and spray paint them with krylon. But I am pretty ghetto with my modifications sometimes, though.

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    How does it hold up of plastic? I've sprayed my rifles with Aluma-Hide before.

Holding up great so far. Just be patient and do a layer at a time, and it's pretty sturdy. And it's cheap enough that if you scuff it, you don't feel bad doing another coat.

doug38s

BIGELOW
    Mar 28, 2012
    Sharpsburg
    bumping this up to the top. I was doing some searching on this rifle and saw that walmart was carrying them at one point. I did a quick search and have seen where people have bought them in the last year or so but I cannot find a sku number and searched walmarts site but cant find anything. Anyone bought one directly thru walmart? The gun guy in the Frederick Wally World wasnt much help. He handed me a catalog and it wasnt in there so he shrugged his shoulders.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    bumping this up to the top. I was doing some searching on this rifle and saw that walmart was carrying them at one point. I did a quick search and have seen where people have bought them in the last year or so but I cannot find a sku number and searched walmarts site but cant find anything. Anyone bought one directly thru walmart? The gun guy in the Frederick Wally World wasnt much help. He handed me a catalog and it wasnt in there so he shrugged his shoulders.

Try the phone number in this link, they might be able to help you with a sku number, I saw one in the store last week.
    http://www.walmart.com/storeLocator...d=2696&sfsearch_single_line_address=26757,+WV

doug38s

BIGELOW
    Mar 28, 2012
    Sharpsburg

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Man thanks! I just called the sporting goods there and they still had it. 550287134 was the item number. I'm going over to the Wally World to see if I can get them to order it. 447.00 was the price.

No problem, I get down that way quite a bit and they usually carry several AR rifles.

doug38s

BIGELOW
    Mar 28, 2012
    Sharpsburg
    Forget dealing with WalMart. From the one I went in and the three I called you cant just order it. Apparently S&W sends these out to various stores and there is no real way to order one in.

doug38s

BIGELOW
    Mar 28, 2012
    Sharpsburg
    Out the door price was right down my alley! Brought home one today. Ran 300 rounds thru it with only one FTF. My wife loves it, I can really see myself shooting this a lot. Pics to come.

doug38s

BIGELOW
    Mar 28, 2012
    Sharpsburg
    I had stopped in once before and I was going to buy a highpoint carbine. I thought I had remembered they had a 15/22 and their price was in line with what I had been seeing and I really like the laid back atmosphere there. Helps he is 10 minutes from my house. I was glad to purchase from him.

I had picked up 3 mags last weekend at Gander Mountain knowing I was going to buy this rifle sooner or later. I got it home. Out of the box. Did a quick check of the barrel and rest of the assembly and loaded in the 3 mags I had already loaded sitting in the gun locker. Before I finished out the 2nd mag my neighbor stopped by and was looking the rifle over. From the AR's I have shot. This is the best solution I have seen to practice with.

I put a single point sling on it and headed back to my neighbors property so I could finish out the 300 or so rounds I had planned to shoot that night. Even let the kids pull off of it once or twice. Its the perfect shooting fun gun that I cant wait to put a scope on, last and get some more mags.

The wife said she liked it much more than the SKS and hopefully she will come shooting with me more now. Time will tell.

579864_4673838210391_109044704_n.jpg

543564_4673846570600_997661695_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom