• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Just got one in. Should be an interesting addition, tempted to get one for the Demo fleet - supposedly it’s a flat, soft shooter.

30+1 capacity, optics ready.
    IMG_6403.jpeg

silver78

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2009
    Just on little issue with that 30 round magazine in MD for most of us commoners.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Thankfully, we're just across the VA line after the 301 bridge - where it's perfectly legal for a MD resident to obtain the magazines. :D

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Seems to be an effort to copy Kel Tec. Just like their folding PCC...
    And their single-stacks to a degree. But yeah, if s&w comes out with a 5.7 pistol that looks like a stapler and takes p90 mags... we'll all know what's up.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I have an irrational fondness for .22 magnum. No reason to love the round, but I do.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Seems to be an effort to copy Kel Tec. Just like their folding PCC...
    It may be but Smith & Wesson seems to have done a much better job on both guns. The Folding PCC is set up to have an optic but you can't fold it with an optic mounted. The new M&P 22 WMR has a much better fit and finish vs the Kel Tec PMR in my opinion. The M&P is also optic ready unlike the PMR.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    How easy is it to load 30 rounds in the magazine? I have a AMT Automag II and it sucks to load 10 rounds.
    Honestly, haven’t tried yet - but I’d imagine the usual approach of the last 3 rounds being a bit stiff, seems to be the common theme on the newer, higher, capacity magazines.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Genesis Firearms - 4266 James Madison Parkway, King George Va - open 7 days/week

Might as well grab some standard capacity mags while you're in a free state too. :D

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    I have always like a 22 WMR pistol. I have a Keltec PMR30 and after replacing feed ramp and mag catch spring it shoots anything I try AS LONG AS I DONT LOAD MORE THAN 20, which quite honestly is fine with my thumb. It shoots very accurately and the stock plastic trigger is very good. I have been watching the MP though and will probably get one when they are around $500. I guess companies developing FN 5.7 knockoffs realized they may as well make the 22 WMR as well. I really expect PSA or Ruger to come along with theirs soon.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I have always like a 22 WMR pistol. I have a Keltec PMR30 and after replacing feed ramp and mag catch spring it shoots anything I try AS LONG AS I DONT LOAD MORE THAN 20, which quite honestly is fine with my thumb. It shoots very accurately and the stock plastic trigger is very good. I have been watching the MP though and will probably get one when they are around $500. I guess companies developing FN 5.7 knockoffs realized they may as well make the 22 WMR as well. I really expect PSA or Ruger to come along with theirs soon.
    MAP (hard deck we're allowed to sell at) is 649, dealer cost is 500 - maybe a private sale or trade pickup will get you there(?), but likely not a new in box unless one of the online places starts blowing them out at a loss (PSA style).

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    MAP (hard deck we're allowed to sell at) is 649, dealer cost is 500 - maybe a private sale or trade pickup will get you there(?), but likely not a new in box unless one of the online places starts blowing them out at a loss (PSA style).
    OK, Thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom