• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Did you post that deal on here as a good faith effort to allow other MDshooters to get ammo at a good price so we can enjoy our hobby? Or did you post in on here so that a member here can make $40? I can read minds, I was just assuming you did it as a good faith effort to help out your community.

On the other hand, you have this guy who takes advantage of it and tries to get every last cent he can from his fellow enthusiasts. I too could have bought 10 boxes and flipped them, but I am not a prick. I am nice guy who wanted other people on this forum to get some .22lr so they could shoot their guns.

If I don't like them, I am also free to tell the seller where to go.

What you all do with deals I or anyone else posts ain't my business. I don't care if you all shoot it, sell it, jerk off on it, or throw it in the trash.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    What you all do with deals I or anyone else posts ain't my business. I don't care if you all shoot it, sell it, jerk off on it, or throw it in the trash.

That's cool, I care about this Mdshooters community, so it does matter to me that guys are able to enjoy this great hobby.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    That's cool, I care about this Mdshooters community, so it does matter to me that guy are able to enjoy this great hobby.

Maybe he's selling some of his ammo to pay for what he's shooting? Maybe he got furloughed and decided he'd rather feed his family than shoot?

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    $70 is still a pretty good deal for 1,00O rounds of .22. In march I paid $60 from Natchez for a federal 525 pack after shipping.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    $70 is still a pretty good deal for 1,00O rounds of .22. In march I paid $60 from Natchez for a federal 525 pack after shipping.

In March I bought my full auto M10 with .22LR kit to the mdshooters event at Delmarva and let 10+ members rip through a box .22lr. Why? Because I am a part of this community. And most of them came up to me afterwards with one of their guns and ammo to return the favor.

ziondogg

Feb 1, 2012
    SOMD
    Well i dont feel like a prick......especially after the guy asked me why i was selling them so cheap. Oh and fyi i was just layed off so every penny counts.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    In March I bought my full auto M10 with .22LR kit to the mdshooters event at Delmarva and let 10+ members rip through a box .22lr. Why? Because I am a part of this community. And most of them came up to me afterwards with one of their guns and ammo to return the favor.

That was very nice of you.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    All just part of being a community. The same reason Norton set up this free website to begin with, and why they have events like that.

And a member selling ammo does not violate that community. If the price of this .22 collapsed to $20 a box, would other members be pricks for not wanting to pay sellers their $55 cost back?

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    And a member selling ammo does not violate that community. If the price of this .22 collapsed to $20 a box, would other members be pricks for not wanting to pay sellers their $55 cost back?

It violates the principle of being part of a community that looks out for one another.

Obviously not...

Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County
    Well I ordered a box of the Winchester M-22 on 10/8 and the order shows "In Progress" even though it was "In Stock" when I ordered it.

Same deal with box the 525 box of Rem I ordered on 9/27, "In Process" even though it was "In Stock" when I ordered it.

No hint as to when it will arrive.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    It violates the principle of being part of a community that looks out for one another.

Obviously not...

So the community goes one way then? You can't resell for a profit when the price rises but if the price collapses on you other members don't have to pay you back what you paid Cabela's? With friends like those who needs enemies?

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    So the community goes one way then? You can't resell for a profit when the price rises but if the price collapses on you other members don't have to pay you back what you paid Cabela's? With friends like those who needs enemies?

No the community looks out for each other to get the best prices. And paying $50 for a $20 box of ammo isn't the best price. Pretty basic stuff here.

Would you sell something that another member gave away as Karma?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Once you buy the ammo, you should be able to do what you want with them. Try to sell them for $1000 for 1000 rounds. That's your decision, same as if someone would pay you the $1000.

Same with Gold, I wouldn't sell a MDShooter an ounce of gold for anything less than today's spot value.

Just my opinion,
    Jim Smith

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads