Votes: 27 93.1%
    • PWS DC16

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters

travistheone

Usual Suspect
    Dec 11, 2008
    cockeysville
    Adjustment is good for any of the numerous variables that you can encounter.

Better to have the capability and not use it, then not to have it when you need it.

Kchen986

aka "SWAT" =P
    Oct 12, 2008
    The M6A3 has 4 settings:

1.) Closed
    2.) Normal
    3.) Adverse
    4.) Suppressed

Just something to consider. I used the closed when running my .22LR conversion kit to avoid having fouling in the piston. You can also turn it off to shoot single shot w/ a suppressor. The adverse setting is theoretically for SHTF when you're shooting 5,000 rounds in a dirty environment without cleaning. Suppressed means less gas in your face with a suppressor, and normal, is well, just normal.

FWIW.

*ETA: I am not so sure the longer gas system lends to 'reduced recoil' but it should theoretically afford more dwell time for a less harsh extraction. Regardless, with most piston AR systems you will have punchier recoil than a DI AR.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    And the A3 front sight is fixed directly to the gas block, eliminating issues of sight drift from attachment to floating rails, which I never really considered a problem anyway.

And carrier tilt is not an issue with LWRC pistons. They fixed and patented that a long time ago. See their forum for endless descriptions from the guys who actually engineered the things to understand why. I ain't that smart but trust those who are, and they say it's all good.

If you go piston, you need to try going LWRC. The only reason to step down is because of $$$, which is 110% understandable.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    I'll bring it to the next shoot so people can give the M6A3 a once over.

Actually, I think LWRC shows up to most of the shoots anyway. They are smarter than I am, for sure.

Calengor

wishes he were spike
    Apr 13, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    sounds like am going to get a A3

Good, now the rest of us wont have to biatch-slap you!:lol2:

LWRC owners are a bit like cultists, if you haven't noticed.

Also, check out the LWRCI forum at http://forum.lwrci.com/forum/ and start drinking the flavoraid, my friend. :lol2:

I had a similar question I posted about over there, and the majority of the vote went for either an M6A1-S or a M6A3 vs an M6A2 with an M6A2-S coming in a close third.

With the A3 you get more rail space, sight on the barrel, foldable sight, longer sight radius, and a longer gas system. And it's really only about $100 more than an M6A2 and the same price as an M6A2-S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom