Votes: 10 41.7%
    • S&W 317

Votes: 8 33.3%
    • Other (or you dont need either!)

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

cb51

How well has it held up, sounds like you put some serious rounds through it. Obviously I am looking for a gun for a use and I have several other .22 pistols (Sig 226, Ruger Mk III, H&R 999) for my higher volume shooting.

It's held up very well since 1998. We (the wife and I) have outright range guns like a S&W 617, old model 63, as well as the Ruger .22 standard modle I bought back when they were 39.95. But the little 317 still goes with us to every range trip and gets shot some at the end of the range session. The 317 is my better halts bedside gun, so it gets practiced with every time. I always pumps out 8 shots with the reliability of the sun rising in the east.

and even though this Peoples Republik Of Marylandistan is a non CCW, I will carry the 317 when we go woods walking as a just in case item. It's so light, it doesn't weigh down a jacket pocket. We have total faith in the 317 reliability.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    It's held up very well since 1998. We (the wife and I) have outright range guns like a S&W 617, old model 63, as well as the Ruger .22 standard modle I bought back when they were 39.95. But the little 317 still goes with us to every range trip and gets shot some at the end of the range session. The 317 is my better halts bedside gun, so it gets practiced with every time. I always pumps out 8 shots with the reliability of the sun rising in the east.

and even though this Peoples Republik Of Marylandistan is a non CCW, I will carry the 317 when we go woods walking as a just in case item. It's so light, it doesn't weigh down a jacket pocket. We have total faith in the 317 reliability.

I think I am definately in favor of the 317. Problem is like everything else I want they are backordered ALso I sort of want the earlier one wiht the blade sight instead of the fiber.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008

One more question, have you noticed any errosion in the cylinders? They are alloy correct and only the barrel is steel lined? That was an issue with the Taurus guns, not sure how signicant it would be for a rimfire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom