• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1969sschevelle

Dec 28, 2012
    Lost Farmland County MD
    Lunch plans and dinner plans ????Are the eats shops within walking distance going to be overloaded????Kids need to eat...most grown ups too.Crackers and peanuts will go so far....Anyone taking the bus taking young ones????
    Teenagers want to go ,learn the process,see what it takes to defend our rights. With no car there, (bus) this could be a situation if it goes on late into the evening like predicted.

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    Chick and Ruth's deli , They are located on Main St. Halfway between city docks and Church Circle. Ted is open 24/7 .About 3 blocks from the State House.

Porter

Jan 26, 2013
    Are there any 2A friendly establishments there? I would love to support one of them, and would even go out of my way to do so.

Don't take that the wrong way. I will not be carrying a gun. I would just rather keep the $$ in the family by supporting one of us.

Porter

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    There are about ten good restaurants within a thirty-second walk of Dunkin Donuts at the link in Z/28's post. It's all a five-minute walk from the Senate Building.

SomeGuy

Jan 19, 2013
    Severna Park
    Ram's Head - Microbrew - Food has always been good - Long been a favorite of mine. 100 block of west street <10 min walk

magnumpi

Jan 16, 2013
    Westminster MD
    1969 you mention teenagers, are you bringing kids? I was thinking about pulling my 13 year old son out of school for this, (educational field trip!) Do you all think there will be many kids?

peafarmer

Dec 23, 2011
    Annapolis
    I wonder if the legislators will think pulling kids out of school for this is poor form. This is not an indictment, just a question.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Bring kids. O had them on the stage. I think it would be a great civics lesson! Not to mention, hopefully kids have the same opinion as parents and future voters!

Last edited:

SomeGuy

Jan 19, 2013
    Severna Park
    I do not remember the thread - but there is one about bringing your kids, quite a few are saying they are going to bring them along. Including some that will pull their child from school.

and besides ,

If only one child learns the value of the Bill of Rights, it will be worth all the effort.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Here's reality folks:

If you're going to plan to be there for the whole show, you're either eating in the cafeteria downstairs or bringing snacks with you.

You need to be in place by 11am for the rally.

The rush to the hearing room is going to look like the day after Christmas at Wal-Mart since it's a very small room.

Hearings start at 1pm.

Hearings are going to go late, late, late.

That being said, my go to place if I do have a chance to get away is Ram's Head. They are able to push people through quickly usually, the food is OK and the beer is even better if it's after the hearings. It's also really close by and it's close to the garage if you're one of the lucky people to get in there.

Galway isn't too far of a walk and as a "townie" it's one of my go to places to eat out.

There's also a little place on state circle called Potato Valley that does all sorts of crazy permutations of loaded potatoes.

My advice is to put some food into your bag and bring it in with you. You can't eat in the hearing room, but you're not likely to be in there anyway given the numbers we're talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom