• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Todd S

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2012
    Glen Rock, PA
    My FIL passed away a few years ago. He has this dagger in his gun safe. Does anyone know the value of this dagger? The proceeds of the sale will go to my MIL.

Attachments

• Luftwaffe Dagger.jpg
      Luftwaffe Dagger.jpg
      180.6 KB · Views: 159

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Last time I saw one that looked that nice, it was a reproduction.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Somewhere at the farm there’s a couple duffel bags full of German daggers and ceremonial and dress knives and such. My uncle’s dad brought so much stuff home from wwII because he was a seargent in charge of destroying weapons and I guess he didn’t destroy them all lol. He gave me an ss stamped pistol for a wedding gift

I am interested in the value of this also

MaicoBill

MDS Supporter
    Aug 17, 2020
    My dad brought one home from the war, somehow lost in a move . I purchased a pretty nice on for $1000.00 earlier this year,
    d.jpg

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    There's nothing wrong with seeking and owning items from the Nazi era. It's a preservation of dark history of that particular era of our civilization...

You display it and talk about it. Doesn't have to belong in a government controlled museum.

You go burying dark history (and your heads) in the sand and it comes back later to haunt us.

Never forget.

Oh, jeez... what happened to the Nazi's? Antifa maybe? :innocent0

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    This was the SA dagger my dad brought from Sicily.
    Now that looks authentic.

I have two K98's. You can barely discern the swastika stamp on them. Huge history. The one that I repaired (broken wrist - stock, and condition otherwise battered) I am sure it was in action.

herkybird72

2A Defender
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2011
    Freedomland,NC
    Somewhere at the farm there’s a couple duffel bags full of German daggers and ceremonial and dress knives and such. My uncle’s dad brought so much stuff home from wwII because he was a seargent in charge of destroying weapons and I guess he didn’t destroy them all lol. He gave me an ss stamped pistol for a wedding gift

I am interested in the value of this also
    If original and in good condition it could be worth many $$$ at the current prices. Some of the helmets our uncles and dads brought home that we used to play war with as kids are worth thosands.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    If original and in good condition it could be worth many $$$ at the current prices. Some of the helmets our uncles and dads brought home that we used to play war with as kids are worth thosands.
    Yeah, I gotta look for the duffel bags. They were in ok shape the last time I checked on them. I doubt we will sell them though.

My wife and I helped a friend of my wife’s move all her stuff from a house she was selling and we found a WWI helmet and a ceremonial dagger. The old lady offered it to us but I told her to sell it on the internet. Someone in England paid her something like $1,500 for the pair and paid the shipping. I don’t know if that was a fair price but i know it helped her out a lot.

I am amazed at the value of some stuff

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Yeah, I gotta look for the duffel bags. They were in ok shape the last time I checked on them. I doubt we will sell them though.

My wife and I helped a friend of my wife’s move all her stuff from a house she was selling and we found a WWI helmet and a ceremonial dagger. The old lady offered it to us but I told her to sell it on the internet. Someone in England paid her something like $1,500 for the pair and paid the shipping. I don’t know if that was a fair price but i know it helped her out a lot.

I am amazed at the value of some stuff
    Please post some pics if you find them and have time, I have a few WWII daggers and love seeing them. Two duffel bags full is likely some serious money there especially if any are desirable pieces like SS daggers.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I have a Hitler youth knife in good condition except my GFIL took out the swastika inlay so that detracts from the value. "Blood and Honor" is written on the blade. It's a handy little knife and fits my hand well. I just wish it was in original condition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom