• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gun Commander

Industry Partner
    Jan 13, 2023
    Arnold, MD
    Hey is that low light training?

But of course.

I have a classroom reserved on 7/19, from 6-9 pm. I was offering a fundamentals class but nobody seems interested. Let’s do some low light training instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    ****I've done a class before with another instructor on low light training and learned a LOT about what kinds of sights work best, plus gun mounted vs handheld flashlight options, positioning, types of lighting etc..

Really *very* worthwhile to practice this and learn some fundamentals. During a home invasion or other bump in the night - there are definitely some equipment choices that make better sense than others. After my class, I changed up my HD firearms sights (from stock to either red dots or tritium) as well as lighting options.

Sounds like an awesome class! Good luck with it!

Gun Commander

Industry Partner
    Jan 13, 2023
    Arnold, MD
    ****I've done a class before with another instructor on low light training and learned a LOT about what kinds of sights work best, plus gun mounted vs handheld flashlight options, positioning, types of lighting etc..

Really *very* worthwhile to practice this and learn some fundamentals. During a home invasion or other bump in the night - there are definitely some equipment choices that make better sense than others. After my class, I changed up my HD firearms sights (from stock to either red dots or tritium) as well as lighting options.

Sounds like an awesome class! Good luck with it!

Definitely worth understanding the different techniques and learning the options. Thanks for your post!

gforce

MDS Supporter
    Aug 22, 2018
    I'm interested, date dependent. I'm also interested in fundamentals but understand the demand for that may be low.

Edit: (I see now you mentioned the 19th, I'll check my availability)

Last edited:

Mule

Just Mule
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2013
    I'm interested, and am checking my availability for the 19th.

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    I’m probably down for that. I need a couple days to figure out my schedule. The last fundamentals class was worthwhile and fun.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Bumping an old topic but if you make this happen, I'm interested. While practicing the "Surefire Technique" I discovered that I put my left hand too far back and took a slide across my knuckles. When I readjusted, I managed to hit my thumb with the back of the slide and induced a malfunction. I need more practice...

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Bumping an old topic but if you make this happen, I'm interested. While practicing the "Surefire Technique" I discovered that I put my left hand too far back and took a slide across my knuckles. When I readjusted, I managed to hit my thumb with the back of the slide and induced a malfunction. I need more practice...
    I think you could easily go down to the basement at work and say hello. Lol

Gun Commander

Industry Partner
    Jan 13, 2023
    Arnold, MD
    Alright, I’m officially looking for a venue. If anyone has land you can shoot on, and wants to host, message me. I have one or two potential leads so far.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The most convenient spot to practice this kind of thing is at the Runnin' Dark shoots at AGC. Unfortunately, it's now the wrong time of the year to shoot with WL/NV since there's a limit of 9PM for shooting at AGC.

I would be extremely careful about who you select for these low light courses. Running them safely is not trivial, and things can go bad fast. We love to talk about big boy rules and all that, but keeping an eye on the guy next to you isn't easy when you're in the dark.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Depends on who is along for the ride.

And what is at the destination.
    This is the destination and whoever wants to pitch a tent lol

96f6aa4b2cabf5b733f1c7e845594cff.jpg
    d7858cb71b7f55935f471290efba2dac.jpg
    fb22b8222f722145eb0343f1805820af.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread