• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    I just got my Romanian TTC today from Widener's. It's beautiful and I love it, even if I have not had time to clean it yet. This is my second C&R, the first is a CZ 82. Maybe need another 82!

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Very nice. Now you need 2 or 3 more Toks to keep it company. Then you could add a few CZ-52's since they eat the same food.
    ;)

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    My Uncle had a soviet Makarov, in box, with holster. He bought it in the early 80s and he never fired it. That Mak was gorgeous, not a mark on it, 2 mags, cleaning kit....I remember him showing them to me when I was in High School. WISH I had it now.

Unfortunately He sold that and a nickel 2" python for next to nothing in the late 90s before I could get a hand on them. I did manage to save his 1980 (I think) Norinco SKS. Wish I could have saved them all.

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    One of the magazines is defective. It will lock up the slide and the safety completely. A "made in Taiwan" magazine is good. I will have to get another from Widener's. The gun cleaned up real nice, although the bore was fairly dirty. It came with a nice manual from the importer with instructions for field stripping and reassembly.

2nd=Good+Substantial

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    The Hereford Zone
    One of the magazines is defective. It will lock up the slide and the safety completely. A "made in Taiwan" magazine is good. I will have to get another from Widener's. The gun cleaned up real nice, although the bore was fairly dirty. It came with a nice manual from the importer with instructions for field stripping and reassembly.

I was kind of surprised the Taiwanese mag worked fine. I ordered two extra mags from Wideners. A couple of minutes in a 170 degree oven helped with removal of the gobs of Cosomoline. One mag was hard to put in after 3/4s of the way. It didn't release easily either. I took off the grip panels and observed that the top left of the magazine was not clearing the left trigger bar well. A little push in on the magazine corrected the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom