• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    I think just moving... Shutting down the industry leader? Shutting down a company that can't make its product fast enough? It can't be. No one who owes fiduciary duties to their investors would do that. I hope...

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    They shut down Marlin.

I guess we will see.

They shut down the plants like what is happening here and move production to the Remington facility. Marlin the company still sells guns... its not out of the market. http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Firearms/default.asp

Looks like Remington is going to bring all its companies under one roof. Not judging the decision but its not looking like they are closing any company, just the facility they in and moving in with Remington. For better or worse... at least they will remain in the US...

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    They shut down Marlin.

I guess we will see.

Marlin will always have a special place in my heart because of my first gun, a Marlin L'il Buckaroo. That said, they simple weren't making what people wanted to buy. That's the one unforgivable capitalistic sin. The decision to shutter a gun company that was barely treading water, while every other company was growing rapidly, did not seem so outrageous to me.

... but as you say, we will see.

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    They shut down the plants like what is happening here and move production to the Remington facility. Marlin the company still sells guns... its not out of the market. http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Firearms/default.asp

Looks like Remington is going to bring all its companies under one roof. Not judging the decision but its not looking like they are closing any company, just the facility they in and moving in with Remington. For better or worse... at least they will remain in the US...

With the quality control they have now, they might as well be out of the market.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD

They are not Marlins anymore IMO. They are junk guns with Marlin Roll Marks. Full of Q.C. issues and functioning problems.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    They are not Marlins anymore IMO. They are junk guns with Marlin Roll Marks. Full of Q.C. issues and functioning problems.

Guys, I am not defending what Remington is doing. I am not saying a Marlin today is any good. I am just saying they are not out of business. Nothing more. We have seen quality of many things fall as they get bought up. Bushmaster, Marlin...etc... will Tapco and AAC get added to the list... maybe...

Hell I see the name COLT stamped on pot metal 22LR guns made to look like Colts but far from Colts standards...

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    I always used to see the Tapco employees at lunch when I was working up in Kennesaw, didn't realize they were owned by Remington now.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Guys, I am not defending what Remington is doing. I am not saying a Marlin today is any good. I am just saying they are not out of business. Nothing more. We have seen quality of many things fall as they get bought up. Bushmaster, Marlin...etc... will Tapco and AAC get added to the list... maybe...

What would you call it when Marlin is no longer making Marlin's?

Marlin's made by Recallington are Recallington's.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    What would you call it when Marlin is no longer making Marlin's?

Marlin's made by Recallington are Recallington's.

Kind of like Ford making Lincoln or GM making Chevy or Buick? Or Fiat making Chrysler....

Hell, Remington is owned by Cerberus Capital Management so, Remington is not making Marlin either, Cerberus is!

Kahr Arms is making Auto Ordnance.... I mean really guys if we are going to be picky about who owns the company, few original owners are still in control.

Is this a bad sign for AAC... frankly I don't have enough info on the matter to speak intelligently on. Maybe Remington has AAC set up in the new location with a larger, more state of the art facility with better testing equipment and a larger area. Maybe they know all the important key employees are moving. I don't know... or maybe they will be a fraction of what they once were... I certainly don't know.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    The R51 may kill the Remington brand.. what the CNBC hit piece ( I think it was them) could not do Remington will do to itself.

Older guns may become collectable... my pos ( 700 with triger recall) may be rebuilt or just sold for parts.. I will not go near Remington again unless they pul the r51 before someone gets hurt...

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    The R51 may kill the Remington brand.. what the CNBC hit piece ( I think it was them) could not do Remington will do to itself.

Older guns may become collectable... my pos ( 700 with triger recall) may be rebuilt or just sold for parts.. I will not go near Remington again unless they pul the r51 before someone gets hurt...

Cost/Benefit Analysis = Ain't Gunna Happ'in.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Macrumors.com

Apple bought them to produce an iGun. Holster makers will leak pics soon will be soon. Ammo is stored in the cloud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom