• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kevmo

N00b
    Feb 20, 2009
    Severn
    What should i get?... I don't really have a budget.. But i would say... Under 1500?

Let's see what y'all got, or what you wish you got.. Thanks in advance!

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Here is my M92 SBR. Cost of M92 was $449 +$200 tax stamp, and about $200 in additional accessories (Stock, folding mechanism, muzzle brake etc.).

Kevmo

N00b
    Feb 20, 2009
    Severn
    Ooooi like it minus the rail I'd like a black rail quad or kmr

Why a m92? What are others? I've heard of m92 before..

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    PSA has 10.5" and 11.5" uppers for less than $275. A complete lower from them is only $159-$179 so well within your budget. IF you like the AK style I'd go Engage.

Kevmo

N00b
    Feb 20, 2009
    Severn
    I'd like mine to look like this

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      50.7 KB · Views: 921

HokieCasey

Aug 7, 2010
    St Mary's

M92 is a 10" barrel imported Yugo pistol in 7.62x39, there is also the m85 which is the same gun but in 5.56x45.

Mostly I would say its because it is a good gun, for a good price. generally has an undrilled underfolder rear trunnion that leads itself to a couple of easy SBR routes depending on desires. most of the routes will require pinning a muzzle brake to meet OAL.

1. Drill underfolder holes and install underfolder
    2. drill/tap and add a folding mechanism
    3. more indepth rear end modification.

Midwest has a rail system for the m92/m85 or manticore arms has some good accessories.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia

M92 is a 10" barrel imported Yugo pistol in 7.62x39, there is also the m85 which is the same gun but in 5.56x45.

Mostly I would say its because it is a good gun, for a good price. generally has an undrilled underfolder rear trunnion that leads itself to a couple of easy SBR routes depending on desires. most of the routes will require pinning a muzzle brake to meet OAL.

1. Drill underfolder holes and install underfolder
    2. drill/tap and add a folding mechanism
    3. more indepth rear end modification.

Midwest has a rail system for the m92/m85 or manticore arms has some good accessories.

I couldn't have answered it better than HokieCasey.

Sweet, where from?

Bought the M92 Pistol online and had it shipped to my FFL. Then I just started buying used parts on AKfiles to finish the job while waiting on my Form 1.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    1) You can always get a PAP pistol and have it built as an SBR, as already mentioned. Cost is largely dependent on stock choice. You could do a Form 1 or Form 4 with this.

2) We have one Arsenal SLR-107FR w/ factory rail in stock as a full-length rifle. We can take off the front sight and gas block, replace with a century series gas block/front sight and cut the barrel to 12.5". This option is pictured below and would run around $1500 (full length rifle above, cut SBR below w/ beer can booster which would be a little extra). Form 4 only. Personally, given your criteria this is the route I would go.

3) We can build out a complete SBR from a Polish Parts kit w/ Black Nitride barrel and Bolton gas block. Depending on parts used that can range anywhere from $1400+ for the most part. This gives you the highest level of customization possible. Form 4 only.

Come on in if you can and get your hands on a few configurations to see what feels best.

Attachments

• IMG_1595.jpg
      IMG_1595.jpg
      67.1 KB · Views: 886

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads