• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dawson9a

Jul 1, 2013
    I've just started researching my new 1911 and want to get something under $1200 or so. I think I have an idea of what I want to get (maybe a Springfield or Colt) but now I need to know WHERE is the best place to get this? Should I keep looking at slickguns.com or just go to Buds or Grabagun? Anywhere else I should consider online? (No one local has anything I'm looking for and I'd like to keep the cost down)

Would love to hear ideas of what to get between $700 and $1200.. want a full size, .45 ACP, stainless, max capacity, etc. Will be used for range and home defense. Already have a Beretta 92FS 9mm....

Also, best place to buy.

Thanks guys!
    Dave

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    Colt 1911, 45 ACP, New (In Stock)

Model: COLT- O1980XSE

$999, plus sales tax and MSP fee.

c2_3.jpg

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Definitely talk to some IP's before going online (you'd need a transfer anyway and lots of them have darned good prices)

Depending on where you are and if the colt at A1 doesn't interest you Lou at shooters discount seems to always have some nice mid range 1911's (at nice prices).

Baltimore Best Pawn seems to be trying to corner the market on the high end (les baer, ed brown and nighthawk).

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Some dealers won't accept transfers from the big mail order shops
    Virtually all would rather you buy the gun they have in stock rather than the same gun from out of state and they may not accept that transfer either.
    The places that only charge $25 for a handgun are probably a full tank of gas from where you live.

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    Definitely talk to some IP's before going online (you'd need a transfer anyway and lots of them have darned good prices)

Depending on where you are and if the colt at A1 doesn't interest you Lou at shooters discount seems to always have some nice mid range 1911's (at nice prices).

Baltimore Best Pawn seems to be trying to corner the market on the high end (les baer, ed brown and nighthawk).
    Don't forget Guncrafter and STI. :)

Seriously though, check out your local IP. Having a chance to hold different models and manufacturers is worth a few extra bucks in the long run.

roady

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2012
    Eastern Shore
    I agree with a couple of the others that have posted. SR1911 has worked just fine for me and was my first 1911. I love it so far with no problems and good looks its a winner for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Imetthevarmit

Latest threads

Top Bottom