• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Just need the NRA basic hand gun. Make sure when you get your application notarized the notary uses his embosser! MD is one of the few states where a notary can just use a stamp, but FL is looking for that crunch in the paper. When I did mine FL required ink finger prints, and they still do for out of state applications. They will send you a finger print card. Get printed at your local police dept. You'll need to send passport type photos too.

Their web site will give you everything you need to do, but as far as training you're set with NRA Basic pistol.

mtnwisdom

Sep 9, 2012
    Sparrows Point
    The prints must be obtained by a LE agency. If your local LE agency does not provide this service (many don't), CJIS on Reisterstown Road does provide this service for a fee. CJIS IS the Maryland State fingerprint repository... Criminal Justice Information Svcs.

Feb 28, 2013
    your UT class would work.

According to Dukes Defense, my UT class was enough for FL, so the only thing I needed them for was the live fire certification.

The prints must be obtained by a LE agency. If your local LE agency does not provide this service (many don't), CJIS on Reisterstown Road does provide this service for a fee. CJIS IS the Maryland State fingerprint repository... Criminal Justice Information Svcs.

Yes, LE MUST do the prints. Absolute Investigative services was the first to do mine, and FL kicked them back. The Harford County Sheriff's Office did them the second time.

Funny thing is though, I found AIS through CJIS.

FFMike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Laurel PD does them as well... I got the wife to finish her permit process while on Vacation last year in Fl. Went to the local Sheriff office and had live scan done. Dropped everything in PO box in Fl and she had her permit in 3 weeks.

mtnwisdom

Sep 9, 2012
    Sparrows Point
    According to Dukes Defense, my UT class was enough for FL, so the only thing I needed them for was the live fire certification. Yes, LE MUST do the prints. Absolute Investigative services was the first to do mine, and FL kicked them back. The Harford County Sheriff's Office did them the second time. Funny thing is though, I found AIS through CJIS.

Yeah, CJIS has what is essentially a franchise system for prints and LiveScan. Vendors such as AIS are authorized to do prints and LiveScan under the auspices of CJIS with the exception of agencies that require an LE agency to obtain. This adds a level of security for the identity of the individual, especially for out of state applicants-so I am told...

For others reading this thread, I strongly recommend using an LE agency when I do multi-state CCW classes. Reason: CJIS can make a bad day at the DMV look good, if there is a line over 3 ppl.!

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I think that's why VA allows CJIS vendors to do prints for their NR permit. If they submit to CJIS that seems to satisfy VA. FL still wants LE to do them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom