• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CXD Arms

Feb 27, 2014
    Anne Arundel
    I've been real happy with my SWR Trident 9. Not sure if there are any dealers out there with new ones since SWR was acquired by Silencerco, but it can be used on severe hosts.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Do you plan on running FA on a registered receiver? I'm leery of putting my 7.5" 9MM on my Reg Rec after reading how hard they are on lowers.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Do you plan on running FA on a registered receiver? I'm leery of putting my 7.5" 9MM on my Reg Rec after reading how hard they are on lowers.

You know, I just put a bid on a Tros Barrel. I got a CMMG 9mm Bolt for my Birthday. I am just going to do it. If the receiver needs repairs... I will get it repaired.

As for the OP, I am looking at a Gemtech MK9K suppressor. IMO I want a larger can as I will be firing fast. You will hear people running pistol cans but I find getting gas back in my face pretty annoying. So I want a larger can that can handle the larger volume of a SMG. Of course I am not an SOT, but I would pick what can you want and then look for a IP that has that can. Not just look for one in stock.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I am looking at the octane and mk9. I prefer the octane over the Gemtech aluminum construction.

Both the Octane and MK9 have AL listed in the Specs? With SS.

Gem is all AL.

However the Mk9K is 20oz vs the 29oz Mk9. So its almost 50% heavier with that SS. Normally I go for SS over AL too but in this case, I think I am still going with MK9K.

I guess the main Tube is SS in the ones you are talking about?

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    Both the Octane and MK9 have AL listed in the Specs? With SS.

Gem is all AL.

However the Mk9K is 20oz vs the 29oz Mk9. So its almost 50% heavier with that SS. Normally I go for SS over AL too but in this case, I think I am still going with MK9K.

I guess the main Tube is SS in the ones you are talking about?

Gemtech is all aluminum including the baffles. I prefer the Octanes SS baffles with aluminum tube. Also only weighs 10oz. I found a local dealer willing to sell me an Octane for $670.00 for that price I am going for the Octane.

Last edited:

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Rated for full auto and actually good at it are two different things. The other cans listed that were specifically designed for full auto (and not just rated for it) have far more volume than the Octane. The MK9K for example is >2x the volume of an Octane. More volume lowers the tone and drastically reduces blowback. If neither of those are important than disregard.

You could prob find several of the above cans to try before you buy if you come to a MDTCA shoot. Though thread adapters may have to be scrounged in advance depending on what you have.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Rated for full auto and actually good at it are two different things. The other cans listed that were specifically designed for full auto (and not just rated for it) have far more volume than the Octane. The MK9K for example is >2x the volume of an Octane. More volume lowers the tone and drastically reduces blowback. If neither of those are important than disregard.

You could prob find several of the above cans to try before you buy if you come to a MDTCA shoot. Though thread adapters may have to be scrounged in advance depending on what you have.

+1

I'm RSO for the MDTCA shoot on 7/26. If you can make it then, I'll bring some cans that you can try.....assuming that your threading is 1/2x28. For 9mm full auto with that threading I've got Coastal MIMS in 9mm & 45, Thompson SG, Bowers VERS 9S, & SWR Trident 9. I've also got a few integrally suppressed 9mm uppers that you can drop on your RR.

Billman

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
    May 18, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    +1

I'm RSO for the MDTCA shoot on 7/26. If you can make it then, I'll bring some cans that you can try.....assuming that your threading is 1/2x28. For 9mm full auto with that threading I've got Coastal MIMS in 9mm & 45, Thompson SG, Bowers VERS 9S, & SWR Trident 9. I've also got a few integrally suppressed 9mm uppers that you can drop on your RR.

You need help, the first step is to admit you have a problem.;)

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    You need help, the first step is to admit you have a problem.;)

I agree, now admit you have a problem thinking he has to many suppressors. I think we should all have that many! ;)

Yes volume is a huge factor for me which makes a pistol can just not an option on a SMG. Now if you are slow shooting an AR in 9mm you can probably do with a pistol can.

However I think there is something to be said for having a can that does not screw in. I hate rechecking constantly to see if its unscrewing. I think I am going to go Three Lug MK9K. However since the OP barrel is threaded, you may feel beyond that point.

Also while I almost always go for stronger metal over anything. Weight on the end of the gun is an issue.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Rsideout: you were who I was thinking of but wasn't going to volunteer you;) I have a MK9K but only in 3-lug. Don't think I have a 28tpi 3 lug adapter. But you could try it vs the TiRant9 back to back on the MP5K (in semi only for now).

Good to know you will be RSO so I can bring your linker back.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Rsideout: you were who I was thinking of but wasn't going to volunteer you;) I have a MK9K but only in 3-lug. Don't think I have a 28tpi 3 lug adapter. But you could try it vs the TiRant9 back to back on the MP5K (in semi only for now).

Good to know you will be RSO so I can bring your linker back.

If you have the MP5K, I'll bring my MP5SD for comparison.

Also bring back my dam SAW249! And CLEAN this time! :mad54:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom