• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UncleCrab

Apr 6, 2012
    I'm trying to find a pistol that suits a very specific set of requirements, and so far haven't had any luck. I'm looking for a compact, and above all Light (<20oz unloaded) 9mm with at least 6-round magazine capacity and either a SA/DA or SAO action with an exposed hammer. Dimension-wise, anything within the footprint of a Glock 26 is ok, but thinner is better. I've been searching the web, and the closest thing I've found has been the Colt Mustang Pocketlight 380 (and the Sig equivalent), but of course these are chambered for .380, and 9mm is really the lowest I want to go.
    Can anyone recommend a pistol that meets the above parameters? Otherwise, I'm going to be stuck making a tough weight vs. power load decision.

Thanks in advance for everybody's input!

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    All that and an exposed hammer? My Keltec PF9 has a little hammer, makes your weight requirement, capacity requirement (7 rounds of 9mm), it's thin and looks cool, but the trigger is like a double-action revolver. I can't see any pistol that meets all of your requirements.

UncleCrab

Apr 6, 2012
    BigDuphis said:
    Bersa ultra compact 9mm maybe?

Considered it, but it came in heavier than the Glock 26 that I find myself avoiding carrying because of the weight.

Last edited:

rscia50

Jan 31, 2010
    North Myrtle South Carolina
    More than welcome to try out my LC9 and Sig P290 i just picked up. I cant wait to get the new S&W M&P shield, just looks like it would be comfortable in my hand. Of course is isnt Md. approved yet so i might be purchasing it in S.C. this summer.:D

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    Why only semi-auto. There are several nice light revolvers, in 38 +P or even 357.
    I have a SW 360 357, that weighs 12 oz. and is very nice to carry. As far as reliability, I'd trust 5 rounds of 357 from a revolver more than 6-7 rounds of 9mm from a compact auto.

Attachments

• 360sc.jpg
      360sc.jpg
      5.6 KB · Views: 269

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    You're going to have to rethink your parameters , and make compromise(s) .

* General Philosiphising*

Somthing close to what you think you want inherently is a specialized piece, not an all around do everything pistol. To get buncha power in really lite pistol you are trading off control and absolute practical accuraccy. Conversley comfortable shooting , and beer can accuraccy will require a slightly larger pistol.

Plan A - put in practice with subcompact DAO , convince yourself that center of mass at 15yds-ish is sufficent for your defensive needs.

Plan B - use care in holster selection , dress around the gun , and carry your prefered *compact service* blaster.

Both options are viable , pick your choice.

The closest thing to a compromise would be somthing slightly heavier , yet as slim as possable.

UncleCrab

Apr 6, 2012
    Why only semi-auto. There are several nice light revolvers, in 38 +P or even 357.
    I have a SW 360 357, that weighs 12 oz. and is very nice to carry. As far as reliability, I'd trust 5 rounds of 357 from a revolver more than 6-7 rounds of 9mm from a compact auto.

This could be the ticket. Can you tell me how wide this gun is at the cylinder? I don't see the width listed on the S&W websight.

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    or even the Sig P250 sub compact @ 24.9 oz. Yes it is DAO with bobbed hammer but it is smooth!

I have a P250 compact and it has a smoother lighter trigger pull than most revolvers I have shot.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    That price is MSRP, I've never bought a Sig at MSRP..

So if Sig MSRP is near 800 and SW is near 450 which one is the consumer going to think is cheaper?

Why have a jacked up MSRP? For the buyer to think they got a better deal? To get the dealer more wiggle room when selling an item?

I dont have a degree in economics however I believe in "fair" and "logical" open markets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Imetthevarmit

Latest threads

Top Bottom