• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wlc

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    Looking to purchase a new handgun that I can add a suppressor to.
    Open to suggestions on both

wlc

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    Thanks - was thinking .45 (not a 1911) or 9
    Don't care about the price

jsnider22

Feb 3, 2012
    Walkersville, MD
    Anything HK works great with a suppressor from what I've seen. If you wanted an HK45 or P30 its pretty easy to find factory threaded barrels for either.

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    Looking to purchase a new handgun that I can add a suppressor to.
    Open to suggestions on both

SIG 9mm SP2022 TB with Factory Threaded Barrel and night sights. Saw one at one of the Industry Partner's (IP) stores for $539.99

They also had a CZ P-07 with a factory threaded barrel and tall sights (and shorter DA trigger travel)

Last edited:

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Sig P226 Elite and HK USP 9SD are my favorites. Both run 100% suppressed with no mods.

As for the suppressor, I'd recommend the following:
    SWR Octane9 HD
    Silencerco Osprey
    AAC TiRant

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    If you wanted an HK45 or P30 its pretty easy to find factory threaded barrels for either.

As far as the P30 goes, your info is incorrect.

P30 factory threaded barrels are pretty much vaporware. Some say they exist, while no one has really even seen them. Good luck finding one.

What was available for a short time were P30L barrels cut and threaded to be used in the P30. These were not factory threaded barrels for the P30. A third party company did the threading for these barrels. And even finding one of these today would be like finding unobtainium.

HarCo.45

Nov 4, 2010
    That is if you want a 45, as others have stated for 9mm you can't beat a usp9sd.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    as others have stated for 9mm you can't beat a usp9sd.

As I mentioned above my two favorite hosts are the USP 9SD and the P226. But if I had to say which was my absolute favorite between the two? It would be the P226.

Both are fantastic hosts. But in my opinion the P226 is just a more ergonomic gun to shoot, suppressed or not. That's why I lean to it over the USP 9SD. The USP just has a disgustingly high bore axis, which I hate. And is also a larger gun which makes it feel a little more clunky.

Do I still bring both to the range? Hell yeah I do. They're both awesome guns and they're equally reliable. But I do favor the P226. Just my personal preference I guess.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    I already have a P226 and I don't really care for it.

In that case you should go with the USP 9SD. Plan on spending around 1k for a new one (if you can find a new one), and around $800-$850 for a used one in good condition.

wlc

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    I like the USP's but really like the newer ones better.
    Maybe I will just look for a threaded barrel for my 226

ViperRy

May 26, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    Everyone is going to have an opinion on a suppressor + host

...and here's mine :D - M&P9 + Octane 9 HD2

Honestly pick what handgun fits you best, see if a threaded barrel is made for that handgun, then go with a SWR, SilencerCO, AAC, or Gemtech suppressor.

TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD
    I'd recommend 9mm for a first pistol can; I find folks are frequently disappointed with suppressed .45 due to unrealistic expectations. As others have stated, the HK USP 9SD is great. The Beretta 92 is another great 9mm suppressor host, as are the newer CZ 75 models. If you want to go .45, do it right- HK Mark 23 with the Knight's Armament MK23 can. It's a large, pricey rig, but it is one of my favorites. Knight also makes a can for the USP Tactical .45, which is identical to the Mk23 suppressor but with a 16x1 LH threaded piston assembly.
    There are a lot of great suppressors available, try to shoot a few and see what works for you. The Gemtech Multimount is decent 9mm can. I'm also partial to the Silencerco Osprey. Degroat Nano if you want a micro wet can, and Tom Bowers offerings are an excellent bargain if you want to go the inexpensive route.

Ruzo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2011
    Phoenix, MD.
    Here is my vote. The FNP 45 Tactical with Osprey Suppressor. The pistol is ready to go out of box, high sighted for suppressed use, threaded barrel, and it comes with three 15 round mags. And the mounts included for most reflex optics. I have this pistol, and it's one of my Favorites..:thumbsup: Plus the .45 is already a subsonic round so like I said, out of the box fun!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alfontso

Latest threads

Top Bottom