• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FreedomLuvr

Mar 21, 2010
    Balt. Co.
    My normal gunsmith said he can't/won't do my CGW pro package install. Does anyone have suggestions for a local gunsmith around the Towson area. I'm willing to drive a ways if I can get it done quickly and competently. Thanks!

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Why not do it yourself? Should not be any more difficult than a complete disassembly and reassembly, just swapping out parts as provided in the kit unless I missed something. Instructions are posted on their site.

Curious as to why the gunsmith won't do it, though.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Do it yourself. You'll learn a lot about your pistol. It also helps to have a friend there for those "third hand" operations.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Switching to decocker mode on a P-09 was more amusing than the videos would let on.
    Never bothered with a trigger job on a single hook cz75 (decocker). They wear too fast and can't get as nice to start. I just leave the D model alone. Dual hook (safety lever) guns are definitely worth the effort.

FreedomLuvr

Mar 21, 2010
    Balt. Co.
    Do it yourself. You'll learn a lot about your pistol. It also helps to have a friend there for those "third hand" operations.
    Ya, I was thinking about this. It's why I ordered the kit rather than get on their 30 week wait list. Time has just been crunched recently.

FreedomLuvr

Mar 21, 2010
    Balt. Co.
    Why not do it yourself? Should not be any more difficult than a complete disassembly and reassembly, just swapping out parts as provided in the kit unless I missed something. Instructions are posted on their site.

Curious as to why the gunsmith won't do it, though.
    It was Harry at gun connection. Said they're too much of a pain in the ass. I'm probably gonna give it a go myself.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    I think it took me about two hours to do my first, and half of that was polishing. It takes two punches and a small hammer if you don't intend to whip out the Dremel.

Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    My normal gunsmith said he can't/won't do my CGW pro package install. Does anyone have suggestions for a local gunsmith around the Towson area. I'm willing to drive a ways if I can get it done quickly and competently. Thanks!
    I've installed pro packages on a few CZs. It's really not that difficult. There should be videos on Youtube to help get you through it. Go for it. You can do it.

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    The Eemann Tech trigger spring tool makes the job a lot easier. They also have a sear spring tool that helps too if you are replacing the sear. It is like having a third hand.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    The Eemann Tech trigger spring tool makes the job a lot easier. They also have a sear spring tool that helps too if you are replacing the sear. It is like having a third hand.
    Are these tools available in the US ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom