• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toncapone1

Feb 12, 2013
    Maryland
    Nice man. You have the same exact set up as I. Here is my BCM 16" Light Weight Middy with a Centurion Arms C4.

0f75aa1f-a709-44c5-b9e7-abc9679907b6_zps5559b7cd.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Nice, the Centurion rail is bad ass. I remember seeing a video on YouTube of the owner standing on the rail and he was a pretty big guy. Good looks, lightweight and strong as all hell. How do you like the magpul AFG? I have been eyeing those for a while but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Nice, the Centurion rail is bad ass. I remember seeing a video on YouTube of the owner standing on the rail and he was a pretty big guy. Good looks, lightweight and strong as all hell. How do you like the magpul AFG? I have been eyeing those for a while but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Yea man. The rail is very nice. The fit, finish and instalation method was a lot better than the Midwest Industries rail I have. It locks up very nice and has anti rotation tabs. I was a little hesitant at first spending that kind of money on a rail but it was definitely worth it.

Regarding the AFG..... I don't like it. In fact, I took it off the rifle after the first range trip with it. I much prefer a standard forgrip using it as a hand stop. I actually already traded it away to another forum member who happens to love them. I guess you need to try it in order to see if you like it but like I said, I hated it.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    The AFG is really meant for the longer barrels anyways, if it's on a 16", it just feels odd. Did to me anyways.

18" or 20", then it makes sense.

toncapone1

Feb 12, 2013
    Maryland
    Thanks guys, I have a Magpul VFG but I don't really like it (or any VFG for that matter), I feel more comfortable with my hand around the rail, thumb on top of the rail and thought the AFG might be a nice compromise. Guess I will just keep it K.I.S.S. Sorry to go off topic but appreciate the feedback.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    For a 16", using that grip style, I've found simple ladder covers to be the most comfortable. But YMMV.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Yea, on my 16, I use a combination of ladders and LaRue clips.

Haven't tried the clips yet.

If anything I'll try out one those Diamondhead rails for the next build, the shape of the rail seems to lend itself to that grip style.

Damn it, told myself I was done for a little while - guess not.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    BCM has a lot in stock. You CAN NOT match their quality for the price point.

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom