Looking for a shop that will pin a suppressor.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beenaround

Apr 2, 2009
    Like the title says, im looking to have a suppressor pinned to a barrel.

Anyone know of a shop that will do this? I usually go to Atlantic and have them take care of this type of stuff, however for some reason Mike said he cant pin the suppressor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Something like this is what I need done.

beenaround

Apr 2, 2009
    175 views and not one response? I know there are gunsmiths on this board. Someone has to offer this service somewhere in Maryland.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I did not want to respond saying that it sounds like a bad idea... Why are you doing that? I assume to get to 16"s so you don't have to SBR. However wouldn't it be better to just SBR the gun and be able to use the suppressor on more than one host? Of course just guessing...

Might help to tell what kind of suppressor? AL, Steel, TI....etc out tube and end caps? Do the caps come off? How do you want to finish the weld after pinning?

I am not a gun smith but a little more info might help?

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Without knowing more, I would just pin a shroud that the suppressor fits in to the barrel. Gets you to 16", and you can still take the can off.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Without knowing more, I would just pin a shroud that the suppressor fits in to the barrel. Gets you to 16", and you can still take the can off.

You are assuming an AR15 application. It does look like it by the end of the barrel but we really don't know what the gun looks like.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    You are assuming an AR15 application. It does look like it by the end of the barrel but we really don't know what the gun looks like.

That's why I said "without knowing more." I think a shroud would work on applications outside of the AR context also, but again, it all depends.

beenaround

Apr 2, 2009
    Sorry. I have SBR's and SBS's I just don't want to wait it out again. Plus the garbage laws now I'd have to keep it at the same length and still wait the year.

Ruger takedown 10/22
    Stainless YHM Mite
    Can is serviceable from the front so no big deal to pin.
    Have had it sitting unused for 2.5 years now in the safe. Pinning it will not be a big loss - at least to me anyways.

Thanks again guys for any help.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    For a 10/22, I would still personally go with a pinned shroud. Something like this:

sbx.ht11.jpeg

http://www.tacticalsol.com/x-ring-series/x-ring-sb-x-barrel

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    Where are you located?

Richard formerly of Glade Valley Sporting Goods is in Frederick may be able to help. He closed his shop but still does Class 3 Transfers and Manufacturing.

PM me for his email if interested.

beenaround

Apr 2, 2009
    They don't make that for the takedown. I'd also have to work to make the stock fit it as well, or buy a while new stock.

I've gone over the scenario dozens of times in my head.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    They don't make that for the takedown. I'd also have to work to make the stock fit it as well, or buy a while new stock.

I've gone over the scenario dozens of times in my head.

Gotcha. Just to be clear, I wasn't saying you should get a tacsol barrel, but that you should do something similar with your takedown barrel. Hopefully you can find a 'smith to help.

Based on you going to Atlantic usually, you may want to give Engage a call or stop by and see if they could help you out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom