• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    A point of note is that Brownells is shipping Glock slides that are pre-milled to accept your choice of red-dots. I don't know what the rules are for the matches you want to go to but if you can shoot the match with a red dot and you have issues with iron sights this might be the way to go.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i 'think' some of the FN handguns readily accept (slide is milled for them) some of the small red dots, like the RMR.

there might also be some red dots that fit in the rear sight dovetail of various guns.

and pretty sure you can get glock slides milled to accept the mini red dots a la RMR.

o4twinpeaks

Dec 17, 2011
    Played with a hi power the other day and just didn't seem to fit my hand correctly.

Did go back out tonight and tried the 17l along side of the beretta and they are about in a tie with me. Trigger on glock sucked but the beretta has had trigger work done. We can fix a glock trigger. Going to shoot an fn soon and see how it is.

o4twinpeaks

Dec 17, 2011
    A point of note is that Brownells is shipping Glock slides that are pre-milled to accept your choice of red-dots. I don't know what the rules are for the matches you want to go to but if you can shoot the match with a red dot and you have issues with iron sights this might be the way to go.

Thanks for the info. will look into that. Saw a few on the glock store or glockworks and they looked nice. Sets the site nice and low.

o4twinpeaks

Dec 17, 2011
    Well I pulled the trigger on building my own glock. http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=175400&CAT=3168 Ordered on fri and have to wait for ffl to fax paperwork to them on monday then it ships. Going all custom with mill work on slide compensator and red dot set int slide. Going to play with the lone wolf trigger and see what I can get it to do. Only ordered the lower at this time as I'm doing the build in steps. Money is an issue.lol gonna be 1200 to 1400 wrapped up in it when done but hey you only live once. lol It will be a nice piece to pass down to my son.

T

TacPlug

I've always liked SA/DA guns with rails. CZ makes a polymer P-07 that's inexpensive and very nice to shoot.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Glock 17, 19. HK, Sig, beretta. If you want something stone reliable. Avoid the XD, 3/5 that I've fired jammed, failed to eject, and crapped out. This may be just MY experience, but that ain't good enough for me to trust my life too. Personal preference. Test everything.

Demoneyes86

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2011
    Baltimore
    Glock 17, 19. HK, Sig, beretta. If you want something stone reliable. Avoid the XD, 3/5 that I've fired jammed, failed to eject, and crapped out. This may be just MY experience, but that ain't good enough for me to trust my life too. Personal preference. Test everything.

There are defects for all brands i have an xd fiired hundreds of rounds not a hiccup at all. But to each his own.
    Also to the op good luck on you build sounds great do not forget the pics when its done. We would all love to see it.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    There are defects for all brands i have an xd fiired hundreds of rounds not a hiccup at all. But to each his own.
    Also to the op good luck on you build sounds great do not forget the pics when its done. We would all love to see it.

"this may just be MY experience":thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom