• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • python

Apr 15, 2010
    I have a SIG P239. It's a great gun, but I bought a police turn-in P6 (P225) and found that I liked the feel of it much better. It's only slightly larger and heavier. They're also half the price of a 239. Also, you might want to consider a P7 M8 from H&K. Good luck.

stephano

Dec 23, 2012
    Sorry to hear that but it's YOU that has to be comfortable carrying and shooting it. I think I've made it clear my choice in your situation would be the g26 but that's just me. Best of luck friend and be safe! :)

A Glock 26 with a Glock 33 round fun stick. Hard to conceal but great for keeping their heads down. :lol2:

Attachments

• Glock 26 with a fun stick.jpg
      Glock 26 with a fun stick.jpg
      52.1 KB · Views: 250

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    Sig P-228 in 9mm will give plenty of stopping power (with good shot placement) small enough for smaller build folks to conceal. Discontinued by Sig but used ones are around either LGS or online for around $600. My P-228 has a little over 12K round count since 1996, it has never let me down. Sent back to Sig for overhaul (springs/worn small parts) right around 8K. Came back like a new gun. Chris

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    Bump.

OP, you left us all hanging. What did you finally decide?

FYI, after a while, the PX-4 compact proved just to too heavy/bulky for warm weather carry. Went with the Kahr CM-9 with IWB or pocket. Even though it has less than half the mag capacity, it is much more comfortable to carry in shorts/light clothing. And a spare mag goes easily in non-carry pocket. Will probably stick with the Storm for winter carry.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    I'm guessing that my wife will go with a Glock G26. She likes Glocks and has a Glock 17L. I like and shoot SIGs better. I have a P228 and a P938. I CCW the P938.

Watching that video, it is very easy to tell where his loyalty lies. And it is not with Glock. Even up to the point where he talks about the price of the two pistols. His choice of language in his descriptions is obviously pro Sig and down on Glock... Except for the part where he states that the Glock is the "AK 47 of the hand gun world"... Wah :lol2:

thai

May 8, 2013
    I have a SIG P239. It's a great gun, but I bought a police turn-in P6 (P225) and found that I liked the feel of it much better. It's only slightly larger and heavier. They're also half the price of a 239. Also, you might want to consider a P7 M8 from H&K. Good luck.

P7 M8 HK are like $1800 to $5000 for a new one. You may just be targeted for the fire arm you are carrying. :)

Nice pistols though.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    honestly, the XDs is hard to beat. It's a great size, the fit and finish on them is INCREDIBLE, the surface finish is very corrosion resistant and HARD, and the trigger has a decently light crisp trigger, with a good reset.

Most of all, the gun is not a monster to fire in terms of recoil, even in .45

Between my XDs .45 and my P-64, that makes up 90% of my carry.

ThawMyTongue

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2009
    Dublin, OH
    P7 M8 HK are like $1800 to $5000 for a new one. You may just be targeted for the fire arm you are carrying. :)

Nice pistols though.

LOVE carrying my P7 PSP... just glad I snagged it when I did 3 years ago. M8s were already too rich for my blood. I might have to retire it to safe queen if the values keep going up.

1ceman

Dec 26, 2013
    Since the S&W are single stack, I dont see much difference but preferences. (The 9mm vs .40 vs .45 debate is another subject that will go forever) I love my .40 but I'm considering a Glock 9mm compact due to the double stack in a small package for CCW especially in the summer time. I suggest, rent both and see what YOU like.

*** However I would like to support S&W as much as possible since they are standing their ground against California new laws.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I'm looking into M&P shield, but not sure if I should go for .40 or 9mm.... any thoughts?

No need to get into the caliber debate. Either or or. Just be able to land the first shot with it.
    I like the 7 and 8 round mag that the 9mm comes with. The 8 round mag fits my hand fully and conceals just fine. The 7 round mag is too short to fit my pinky, but needless to say conceals great too. I usually throw my pistol in a small type pocket of a computer bag, jacket pocket or small non gun brand fanny pack which the 7 round mag fits a lot of places perfectly that the 8 rounder would be just a "wee bit too big".

I don't let the difference of 1 round determine what pistol I would carry, especially if I am carrying a spare mag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom