• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xtreme43s10

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2007
    maryland, in Mont county
    like the title say's I'm looking to pick up a new bow and would like to support a smaller more personal bow shop. not too sure on what i want so i want to browse some of the higher end bow's. my last bow i got down in TN where they only deal with bows and give you some of the best customer service and would like to find a place like that up here. I'm in mont county just south of columbia, and have no problem driving 30-40 miles or so to find a good shop. thanks in advance.

Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD
    like the title say's I'm looking to pick up a new bow and would like to support a smaller more personal bow shop. not too sure on what i want so i want to browse some of the higher end bow's. my last bow i got down in TN where they only deal with bows and give you some of the best customer service and would like to find a place like that up here. I'm in mont county just south of columbia, and have no problem driving 30-40 miles or so to find a good shop. thanks in advance.
    MACROTECH ACCESSORIES 5826 Ritchie Hwy Baltimore, MD 21225 410-789-7777 :thumbsup:

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    I gotta check that place out myself ..

and JIM Sr, I will take your offer on one of those tuesday ..It will be next weekend for sure unless something came up that i cant avoid but i am planning to come over and check out the place i have been hearing about. I have been busy lately due football meetings that i have attending ( One of the Coaches) for the last one month before camp starts on AUG 10th..

those boys better be ready cuz we will run the "SHAZ" out of them ! :)

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    I used to live almost directly behind Macrotech for years. They've been in business there for quite a while.

If I remember correctly, they used to also sell Thompson .22's?????

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    If I'm not mistaken-I think Macrotech is closed one day during the week (Wed?). Maybe that was just during hunting season. The owner was pretty cool- he was just stopping by to pick something up and found out I had come from Bowie and he let me in to look around for a couple of minutes. Definitely call ahead and find out hours of operation.

xtreme43s10

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2007
    maryland, in Mont county
    I used to live almost directly behind Macrotech for years. They've been in business there for quite a while.

If I remember correctly, they used to also sell Thompson .22's?????

I've heard about them for year's. and planned on swinging by there to check them out. not sure if they ever sold gun's there or not. also wanted to know if there was anyone else in the area. since most of these small shops i want to spend my money at aren't that well known.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    About time this forum got some play. I am not into archery, but I am glad to see other locals, and Marylanders specifically, use this one. I have been trying to get some archers who are into firearms as well to get on MDShooters and this may be the impetus I can use to convince them. :)

xtreme43s10

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2007
    maryland, in Mont county
    About time this forum got some play. I am not into archery, but I am glad to see other locals, and Marylanders specifically, use this one. I have been trying to get some archers who are into firearms as well to get on MDShooters and this may be the impetus I can use to convince them. :)

yup I've been shooting bows almost as long as i have firearm's, and bow hunting is a huge rush, i would much rather kill a dear with my bow then a gun, gun hunting is just boring to me now. i ran into that little shop in TN on vacation one year and left with a new bow, the guy's there knew there stuff, and said pick out any bow you like and we'll set them up and you can shoot them to see what you like. they taught me how to shoot a bow properly and the guy came out and shot his personal bow with me on one of thier ranges. they went well beyond what any of the big named places like bass pro would ever do and it's sucks that places like that get put out of bussiness. just the personal service and advice they give to me is worth the extra money it might cost for a bow. and the fact they have a passion for archery. try finding anyone at bass pro with a passion :tdown:, not to mention if i ever have a problem i could always go back there to get it taken care of. bass pro is a headache everytime i go in there. the only thing i like is the fact they have a huge selection i can browse threw.

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    I bought my bow from my favorite place to shop
    bass_pro_shop.jpg

:D
    Talk to Jim at Bass Pro, he is a bowhunter and really knows his stuff. He set up my Martin Orion for me last summer and it really is a shooter.

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    As an aside, where do you all shoot? Im goign to start shooting 3D up at the Rockville IWLA. I also shoot out at Needwood frequently since it is so close.

xtreme43s10

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2007
    maryland, in Mont county
    I bought my bow from my favorite place to shop
    bass_pro_shop.jpg

:D
    Talk to Jim at Bass Pro, he is a bowhunter and really knows his stuff. He set up my Martin Orion for me last summer and it really is a shooter.

:lol2: right i can never get anyone to give me the time of day up there so ****em. also the few times i have gotten to speak to anyone up there I'm not to confident they have much knowledge.

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    :lol2: right i can never get anyone to give me the time of day up there so ****em. also the few times i have gotten to speak to anyone up there I'm not to confident they have much knowledge.

yea they screwed up my bros bow big time. We had to take it to another guy we know to fix it. I hate how it takes 3 hours to ask a question with them and even longer to get some work done.

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    I always had good expereance with bass pro, maybe its my deafness that they are always honoring me at all cost...

i guess they dont wanna be sue from me due to discrimiations :)

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    Near Layhill and Georgia.
    An off-duty I used to work with told me that in MoCo they are considered firearms. My nextdoor neighbor called the police when my other neighbor was dry firing his paintball gun in his garage(just releasing the CO2, no paintballs). Even though it would be safe to do, Im not gonna try my luck...

Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD
    I always had good expereance with bass pro, maybe its my deafness that they are always honoring me at all cost...

i guess they dont wanna be sue from me due to discrimiations :)
    cbburke:

Will you be shooting bow with us Tuesday evening?

Bring a trap gun. The trap range has lights. (after the bow range gets dark)

We could use your in-put to make the Nov. class all it can be!

Jim Sr

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom