• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    Needle in a haystack but I'll give it chance. Looking for a 1991-1994 Plymouth Sundance or Dodge Shadow for a parts donor or if it is clean enough I would consider buying it for a driver and not sending it to the recycler. Really anything 87-94 I would consider. Parts wise it needs to be 91 or newer for bolt on compatibility.

Between craigslist and marketplace there is some stuff out there but before I drive way out there to get something I would like to exhaust a local search. That odd car that's been sitting in the driveway or off to the side for years and someone has yet to call a junkyard ? That is the type of scenario I am looking for.

Called around to all the yards in St Marys, understandably it has been years since one of these models came in.

Thanks.

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    Probably looking for compatible parts for the Shelby turbo version, which people do keep going and restore.
    Yes and no.

I do have an 87 CSX under the knife but this is not for that.

I also have a 94 4dr Shadow that needs a little love after an ***hole did a U-turn in front of me a couple weeks ago. Damage wise it is bolt on parts and a new windshield (my hand was propelled into the glass via the airbag). Value wise there is absolutely nothing of value for the car (it has 401,000 miles on it) but it is also 99% rust free, factory 5 speed and has been with us since new which this month makes 29 years so there is sentimental value here also.

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    Did you search car-part.com ? They have access to every junk yard.

I did a precursory search. For newer or more popular applications it works ok, older obscure stuff like this it is a waste of time IMO as the parts demand market for these cars is gone so inventory does not stay around. I called a local place here in St Marys that showed having a hood, grille and fenders, that car was gone over a year ago..

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I did a precursory search. For newer or more popular applications it works ok, older obscure stuff like this it is a waste of time IMO as the parts demand market for these cars is gone so inventory does not stay around. I called a local place here in St Marys that showed having a hood, grille and fenders, that car was gone over a year ago..
    There is a guy in a neighborhood up the road from me that has a couple of them the last time I saw. He collected Neons and Shadows. He used to race cars when I raced. Don't know if he is still there but I will try to swing by there tomorrow and see what he has. PM me if you want.

msinc

Mar 12, 2010
    It sure seems like these days most people with anything to sell post it on Facebook Marketplace. I have found absolutely everything I needed to buy on there in the last year....used to be ebay was the spot, and I still use that too, but Marketplace beats everything these days. Good luck!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom