• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BatCountry9

Jun 3, 2013
    Im in Montgomery County and it's almost impossible to buy any bulk .22LR anywhere. Anyone know of any shops that have a reliable stock? I've pretty much given up on Walmart and Dicks only sells one 100 rd box at a time. I'm willing to drive a ways to buy some. Unfortunately, I don't have any stocked up because I just bought my first .22 a couple weeks ago. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

blodter

Aug 28, 2013
    Hagerstown, MD
    I had a bout of luck when I was up in PA. The Dick's in Mechanicsburg had a bunch of 500 round bricks for sale. I suggest looking around whenever you're out of state. Around the DC area, I doubt you'll have much luck. It's pretty dry over here in Hagerstown as well!

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    A lot of people buy off the Internet now. I usually start at gunbot.net, but I know there are other sites as well, maybe others can suggest where they look.

www.slickguns.com is another good site.

Also, keep an eye on the Depot section of this site. People tend to post when they find 22 online. It seems like Cabelas (online) gets it in every so often.

Another option if you are truly desperate is go to a gun show. Bricks of 22 can be found if you dont mind getting gouged on pricing. Last show I I went to I saw bricks between $50-$75.

babalooie21204

Aug 13, 2012
    Columbia
    Im in Montgomery County and it's almost impossible to buy any bulk .22LR anywhere. Anyone know of any shops that have a reliable stock? I've pretty much given up on Walmart and Dicks only sells one 100 rd box at a time. I'm willing to drive a ways to buy some. Unfortunately, I don't have any stocked up because I just bought my first .22 a couple weeks ago. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

classifieds' here --- i'm @ 45$ for 500rds of 22lr thunderbolts

rauler

May 2, 2012
    Local gun shops are hit or miss, but not rare to find at least a box of 50 rds. Atlantic guns in SS had a 500 brick of subsonics over a week ago, $40.

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    Has anyone actually sold anything on armslist. It seems I always have toothless hillbillys sending me emails that I swear if they weren't typed would be written in crayon.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Constantly check local Wal-Mart's and check gun bot. Paying over .10 a rd for 22 blows my mind unless its target ammo. I can load 38spc for less than that.

Wm has thunder bolts for 5/6 cents a rd usually.

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    I have a few thousand rounds of 22 at home, most bought within the last year, since I shoot more 22 then anything else. I created an account on slickguns anytime a listing is added I get an email. Also dont be afraid of backorders. Some may take awhile some dont.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Follow the Central MD Bass Pro and Walmart Ammo Report thread and the Ammo Spotting Thread in the Water Cooler. If we find 22 locally or online the deals are posted there. Some deals also end up in the Depot forum as well.

You snooze you lose. I suggest you get Tapatalk and subscribed to the threads. That way you get an email and notification on your smartphone as soon as the post is made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom