• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Catch-10-22

Appleseed Shoot Boss
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 27, 2009
    PG County, MD
    Love mine. Especially after the trigger and rail upgrade. ACOG surviving just fine on mine. Worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wrc

unexpected T_STRING in
    May 31, 2012
    AACO
    I will take a wild guess and say that the majority of owners will say YES.

Yeah, like everyone else in this thread.

It's like FN put up the 5.56 SCAR for competition so they had an excuse to make the 7.62 SCAR-H/SCAR-17.

"We told you that story so we could tell you this one"

kmb

Ultimate Member
    Jul 20, 2011
    If premade, instead of build your own, S&W, Colt, Sig, or another manufacturer?

The SCAR 17 price point, which its reputation seems to justify, is also what inhibits my purchase. I have 308 stocked up for another platform, so have been thinking AR-10 (lower and commercial build).

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I have the Smith. I like it. I kinda wish I built one tho'. The Ruger/Sig are really nice (only ogled them). I put on an AimPoint PRO and magpul hand guard. Seems decent enough. Never had a prob with any of the magpul mags that feed it. If I did it again, I would probably splurge for the SCAR as it's battle tested, widely respected. At the pricepoint, I'd give serious consideration to the HK. There is also the new Daniel Defense, POF, LWRC. Good luck....

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I've been looking at getting one myself, but the price has been a problem. I have a Sig Sauer AR10 which I love, but I do wonder how the SCAR 17 will compare to it. Hopefully I'll get a SCAR 17 one of these days and find out for myself!

Cal68

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Saw a shiny new FDE 1 at the Fredericksburg gun show today for $2999.00 Only 1 there that I had seen.

Major Asstard

Dec 22, 2012
    My New Heavy Tool

I'm very happy with my SCAR. It's accurate, recoil is managable and with the SF Muzzle Brake the decibles are tamed.

SCAR-Boards_zpsf3preuhr.jpg

Yes, it's expensive, but I reload, so it's a mute point for me. If I wanna reach out and touch something, I know it'll perform.

Initial sight-in @ 100 yards using Federal Gold Metal Match, 175 grain, Sierra MK HP. 85 degrees, 0 wind @ 3150 altitude density.

9762A364-EB35-4FE3-80CE-3EC173502E58_zps4fxrify5.jpg

Major

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    They're selling the 249S for almost twice what they charge the government so I'm sure their profit margin is HIGH.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Mrgunsandgear just did a yt video at las Vegas gun range. They said the SCAR was tough as nails. After a ridiculous round count they've not replaced any real components. The 16s I think. But that's pretty impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom