• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Those of you in and around NAS PAX River.. Panchito a B-25J is flying around this AM and afternoon... What an awesome sight on a day like today! I'll see if I can get a pic. He's doing touch and goes right now.

Tree Rat

Always a good target
    May 20, 2005
    Yep....Larry has a nice little ship there.

I flew in that crate last year out of St. Marys. He bases it over in Delaware.

TR

CanDoEZ

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 23, 2008
    SoMD
    Yep....Larry has a nice little ship there.

I flew in that crate last year out of St. Marys. He bases it over in Delaware.

TR

Admit it you old fart, you used to crew those back in "dubya dubya eye eye"

Bigfoot21075

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2008
    Elkridge, MD
    b25-panchito-bomber.jpg

May 13, 2005
    I was able crawl around in one a while back, pretty awesome. Funny how small they actuall are. I used to think of them as large aircraft until you see it parked next to a modern day fighter. About the same footprint as an F-15.

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    I read a book once by Martin Caidin (WHIP) that featured B-25s; the plane featured the 2 x .50 bilisters on either side of the nose (for 4 total_, 8 x .50s in the nose for 12 forward firing .50's!!!! they would also swiver the top turret forward with it's 2 - .50s for 14 fricking 50 cals blazing away...it could cut a small ship in half with one pass.....there was also a version as you probably know with a 75mm cannon in the forward bubble.....

Outerlimits

Feb 21, 2009
    Port Tobacco/Cape Coral Fl
    While I still worked for UPS (retired now), when I was on Pax with a driver, I would spend time at the end of the runway down by the steam catupult, watching the various aircraft touch and go. One of the fringe benfits I miss the most.

STSCM

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2008
    Lusby, MD
    You have no idea how I wish I could embed this video, but it's not a standard format.
    http://www.theospark.net/2010/11/asb-tv-winner-of-asb-mustang-ride.html
    A few pointers, look at the ladies total enjoyment in the flight itself. Then her response for her husbands ride. (Her husbands dying of brain cancer). I'm obviously one of the weaker dudes here, give me the address to mail back my man card.
    Anyway, check it out, great plane and really great passengers. FWIW. (Bottle the sound of the RR engine, instant millionaire.

Polecat

R.I.P.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    You have no idea how I wish I could embed this video, but it's not a standard format.
    http://www.theospark.net/2010/11/asb-tv-winner-of-asb-mustang-ride.html
    A few pointers, look at the ladies total enjoyment in the flight itself. Then her response for her husbands ride. (Her husbands dying of brain cancer). I'm obviously one of the weaker dudes here, give me the address to mail back my man card.
    Anyway, check it out, great plane and really great passengers. FWIW. (Bottle the sound of the RR engine, instant millionaire.

Thanks, great video! :party29:

Old Salty Dog

Ultimate Member
    Nov 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    I read a book once by Martin Caidin (WHIP) that featured B-25s; the plane featured the 2 x .50 bilisters on either side of the nose (for 4 total_, 8 x .50s in the nose for 12 forward firing .50's!!!! they would also swiver the top turret forward with it's 2 - .50s for 14 fricking 50 cals blazing away...it could cut a small ship in half with one pass.....there was also a version as you probably know with a 75mm cannon in the forward bubble.....

My father actually wrote the training manual for that aircraft. I still have one of his original manuals. He loved to fly it, and said that when the 75mm cannon fired, it recoiled enough that it felt like the plane had stopped flying for a second. The cannons were only put in the solid nosed versions, as far as I know, and they worked very well at taking out Japanese shipping in the Pacific.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom