• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yotaboy24

Mar 12, 2009
    I don't know what to say anymore. This state is beautiful but it is being run by a bunch of I don't even know what to call them lol.

JAY1234

Retired Radioman Chief
    Dec 1, 2012
    St Marys County Maryland
    Another example of the free spending Government raping the public legal gun owners. It looks like every anti-gun politician is inundating the system with proposed gun control legislation and fee grabbing in the hopes that something will slip through. I will postpone my household pack out until the smoke has cleared and see how detrimental any passed gun control measures will be in my circumstances.

I would like to know if the State police and local law enforcement people would have to fork out a 50 percent tax for ammo. This state is almost in as bad of an economic situation as the Federal is, so they turn to the public to bail their butts out instead of controlling spending.

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    Of course the grabbers will say (and some will actually believe) that nobody needs an entire box of ammunition. You should just buy it over the counter, by the bullet. Anybody who would ever want an entire box of ammunition would be one of those people with an arsenal and a stockpile. And we all know what they do.
    I listen to my neighbors too much.

Last time I saw a tennis instructor, he had a wire cage with dozens of balls in it. They weren't playing with one can and chasing the 3 balls repeatedly.

It's understood that sports people practice for hours on end, but people don't understand shooters do it also.

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    CongratulationsVA, WV, and PA, you just got 2 million new customers courtesy of MoM.

They get by that with the ammo encoding bill. Not allowed to have non-encoded ammo or go straight to jail. VA, WV and PA, no encoded ammo. (actually nobody has encoded ammo as it doesn't exist yet.)

JAY1234

Retired Radioman Chief
    Dec 1, 2012
    St Marys County Maryland
    He even went so far as to put 1 July 2013 as the effective date. Is that optimism or what? For him to use developmentally challenged kids as his tool in an effort to get this passed is appalling. Just like every other tax that is passed and profits earmarked for a specific cause, it usually ends up in the general coffer and spent accordingly. If a bill such as this makes it through, I will disassociate myself from the state. I wouldn't desire to let anyone know that I lived in a state that had that many dysfunctional people that would allow such crap to become law.
    As earlier stated, I will stay and fight the fight, However, if it is a lost fight and these anti-gun nutters win, I will leave the state and finish out the remaining time I have in a state that has sane, logical, and Constitutional believing residents.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    My gut feeling is that both of these are going to find some difficulty in getting out of committee. Neither of them have a terribly long sponsor list, and they both have some obvious problems.

sigdad

Jan 5, 2011
    Anne Arundel
    I just called and spoke with an aide for Cardin. I expressed my outrage with HB1277 and I was surprised when he actually asked me why. I told him I spend thousands of dollars a year to maintain my proficiency with my legal firearms and if I can no longer afford to do that aren't they creating the very thing they want to avoid?

Won't do much good but worth 5 minutes...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    To be fair, who has been able to buy ammo at Wal-Mart lately (or ammo they really want anyway)?

Nanny state gonna nanny.
    This is social engineering.

If we can't take your guns away, we'll just make it horribly inconvenient so you don't/can't use them any more.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Did it with cigarette smokers also.

Cigarette users (eventually) are a strain on the system themselves via increased funds from state to care for elderly with smoking related illness ect.

I find (most) gun owners and what they do for hobbies to be the opposite of a STRAIN on the system. I see people spending money, donating to good causes, shooting and hunting responsibly and (gay as it sounds) just being all around good dudes.

hacktracker

Apr 10, 2012
    Lower-Slower
    How can you pass MoM's proficiency test if you can't afford to practice? Of course that is rhetorical.

I wonder how fast this site is growing do to the concern of Maryland citizens.

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    This happens every year since I moved here in 2002. It is an annual ritual with legislators - propose a wish list of bills so you can go back home and talk about what you 'tried to do." Gets my blood pressure up, but like i said it is an annual cycle.

Del. Kaiser will be getting an earful about the WalMart bill. Truly WTF. Will like to hear the rationale for it, since the business still has to abide by local zoning regs for gun dealers.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    Just fired of an email to the co-sponsors. Man am I getting fed up with this BS!

Delegates: Cardin, Bobo, A.Kelly, Niemann, Stukes, V.Turner & Vaughn,

NO, I oppose this bill. Were any of you present in Annapolis on Feb 6th? If you weren’t I suggest you talk to your colleges and think twice about legislation such as this. This is a stupid attempt to regulate gun use in Maryland, dressed in a thin veil of toilet paper masquerading as a tax. Do honestly believe you will accomplish anything with this bill? Will you stop gun violence by forcing law abiding citizens to pay more for their ammunition or simply drive into DE, PA or VA and save the 50% tax. I think not.

The only thing will accomplish with this kind of stupid bill is attract the attention of the majority of voters in this state who oppose your attempts subvert the Constitution. Political efforts are already underway to ensure that anyone in the state legislature who promotes, co-sponsors or writes legislation that infringes on the 2nd /\mendment, will not stay in office.

A fed up resident.

Klunatic
    Potomac, MD

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    The person that wrote that should be deported to Cuba for being an enemy of the republic.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Who sits around thinking this shit up? I can't believe how frustrating this is. I'm almost to the point where I don't want to learn any more about the latest bills. I check this section of the forum every day so I can stay on top of the "common sense" gun laws and know what bill#'s to email the general assembly about. I'd like to list specific bills, but now I think I'll just go back to "please oppose any new gun legislation". WTF!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom