• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brianczaw

Oct 7, 2015
    Harford County, MD
    Thank you, Swami Brianczaw. I'm sure that your lawyer will showcase your mindreading ability during the trial, after which you will lose your 2A rights forever.

I said I don't agree with any additional anti 2A legislation. I also don't like misiformation spread just to get peoples panties all in a bunch. However, I get your point and someone else's point that they write these bills so hard to interpret and ambiguous-that they get us fighting amongst ourselves. Probably-that's their whole purpose; so we take our eyes off the prize.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    Worth it?
    It won't cost those entrenched in the liberal triangle a thing.
    They are so distraught over Trump being in the White House that any chance to piss down the backs of people who may have supported him will be greeted with the wildest glee imaginable. We all know this bill has nothing at all to do with "for the children" or crime or anything else but screwing over gun owners.

the ultimate elimination of private firearm ownership.

Corrected for accuracy. Never forget their long term goals, because they sure as hell don't.:mad54:

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Maryland doesn't use NICS exclusively. There is about 10 different MSP databases (estimated) they have on guns purchased in the PRofMd.

Not applicable to long gun sales. Maryland is only POC for handguns. For non-regulated long guns, the FFLs only do a NICS check under federal law. The State is not involved at all.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Not applicable to long gun sales. Maryland is only POC for handguns. For non-regulated long guns, the FFLs only do a NICS check under federal law. The State is not involved at all.

And as worded for this law, it specifically calls out the FFL doing a NICS check. That doesn't appear to be legally enforceable.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    And as worded for this law, it specifically calls out the FFL doing a NICS check. That doesn't appear to be legally enforceable.

I quite agree. NICS checks are reserved to checks mandated by the Brady Act, 18 USC 922(t). See 26 CFR 25.6(a). That Act does not cover private sales between persons who are not in the business of selling firearms, as defined in 18 USC 921(a)(21). FFLs may not conduct NICS checks, regardless of what the State says, as the FBI runs NICS and federal regulations prohibit it.

Mikebiker

Mar 16, 2009
    Why wouldn't the FFL log the gun in, run the nics, log it out to the new owner thus completeing the transfer. FFL will charge a fee and be happy this has passed. This is what I have heard from at least one dealer.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Why wouldn't the FFL log the gun in, run the nics, log it out to the new owner thus completeing the transfer. FFL will charge a fee and be happy this has passed. This is what I have heard from at least one dealer.

We don't want FFLs logging anything in, or running any NICS checks, or logging anything out, or completing any transfers, or being happy that anything has passed.

We want our long guns left alone.

It's just more incremental gun grabbing.

PS: What's the name of the dealer/dealers? I'd like to confirm their joy.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I said I don't agree with any additional anti 2A legislation. I also don't like misiformation spread just to get peoples panties all in a bunch. However, I get your point and someone else's point that they write these bills so hard to interpret and ambiguous-that they get us fighting amongst ourselves. Probably-that's their whole purpose; so we take our eyes off the prize.

Absolutely correct, as a secondary objective. The primary objective is to promote themselves; they're written so poorly because they are lousy law crafters. Due to alcoholism, ADHD, mental illness, etc. IMO.

Mikebiker

Mar 16, 2009
    Don't think for a second I am in favor of this at all. I want it all to go away. This is just what I understand Delaware does and I heard a dealer talking about charging big bucks to do it. Is there a mention of a cap on the fee he can charge in the bill.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Not that I'm in favor, but from 1994-2013 MSP served as poc for Regulated Rifles, so the precedent for non-handguns is there.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010

YET ...

Given the dubious legality of this bill, if the nimrod who drafted it finally wises up, couldn't he attempt force fit it into the MSP handgun process ? Not that I want to give him any ideas, but this seemed like a dead end bill from the get go.

Either Barnes is trying to pull a fast one, or this is a diversionary tactic for some other action, which makes suspect MHC's blase attitude and Allan Ellis' claim to be 'working with the Dem's behind the scenes.

Or ... Barnes is an idiot. :innocent0

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I think they need to be embarrassed now that this is not legal such that it gets reported in the press before there are votes. This way no politician can claim that they were unaware and we should fix this thing after it is potentially law. Kill it early. Don't let it gain legs. Starting fresh with a new MD law to treat long guns like handguns is less politically feasible for them. Politicians favor incrementalism. Take this option off the board.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    YET ...

Given the dubious legality of this bill, if the nimrod who drafted it finally wises up, couldn't he attempt force fit it into the MSP handgun process ? Not that I want to give him any ideas, but this seemed like a dead end bill from the get go.

Either Barnes is trying to pull a fast one, or this is a diversionary tactic for some other action, which makes suspect MHC's blase attitude and Allan Ellis' claim to be 'working with the Dem's behind the scenes.

Or ... Barnes is an idiot. :innocent0

Barnes may be, but he isn't the sponsor on this bill. The sponsors of SB948 are:
    By: Senators Smith, Madaleno, Currie, Guzzone, Kagan, King, McFadden, Nathan–Pulliam, Robinson, Rosapepe, Young, and Zucker

Note that Young is a sponsor. From Frederick County. Hello Frederick County.....

The Sponsors in the House are:

Delegates Davis, Ebersole, Gilchrist, Hixson, Kelly, Lierman, Moon, Pena–Melnyk, Platt, Robinson, Sanchez, and Waldstreicher

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Ron Young is one of the biggest liberals in the Senate and one of its worst members. Unbelievable he still has a job but that tells you how much Frederick County is now part of DC.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Don't think for a second I am in favor of this at all. I want it all to go away. This is just what I understand Delaware does and I heard a dealer talking about charging big bucks to do it. Is there a mention of a cap on the fee he can charge in the bill.

No, it says reasonable reasonable fee. Interpret that as you will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom