• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I heard a new one today - I don't recall seeing it here on the board, but it's certainly plausible with Maryland being Maryland, but I was told that as of October 1st Maryland now requires locks on long gun cases, and the guy had a little TSA zipper lock on the zippers of his shotgun bag.

Is that an actual thing? He said that he heard it from a guy who worked at a range, and said that the guy was really making a big deal about it - claimed that it was law that went into effect on October 1st.

I figured that something that inane would have been mentioned on here at least once, but this is the first I've heard anything of the sort. With that said, we DO live in Maryland, so even something that crazy sounding could actually be plausible, so I figured I'd ask the MDS Forum brain trust.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    If there was such a law, I'm sure we'd have heard about it from MSI long ago.

Maybe it's just another one of worth-a-sh*t's policies that they wish was law :shrug:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    This is what I think they are referring to. But I think what is being referenced is an exception to the sensitive place list. It does not apply in other situations but Mark P can clarify
    IMG_0742.jpeg

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Esquappellate, the president of MSI, says this does not apply to ordinary transport.

It's very confusing, and we are going to be hearing from many people that it is required, but apparently it only applies to transport? in sensitive? areas ?or some such confusion.?????

Anyway, I'm not sweating it.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I agree with you and Mark. It is number 10 of the list that states that the prohibition on firearms does not apply to and then provides the list I quoted number 10 from.

So I agree it does not apply to any transport other than the sensitive places list.

I’m not sweating it either

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    I heard a new one today - I don't recall seeing it here on the board, but it's certainly plausible with Maryland being Maryland, but I was told that as of October 1st Maryland now requires locks on long gun cases, ...
    Nope- unless you're carrying a firearm in a "special purpose" area.

--------------------Then there is this';'
    Firearm Safety - Storage Requirements and Youth Suicide Prevention (Jaelynn's Law)

4–104 Criminal Code:

(c) A person may not store or leave a loaded firearm in a location where the person knew or should have known that an unsupervised child would gain access to the firearm.
    (d) A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to a fine not exceeding $1,000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom