• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    Or, more people jailed for manslaughter...

Straw man argument that has nothing to do with the discussion at hand. In her case, there was an active threat that could legally be disposed of.

Now, once the robbery was over, and no one was murdered or injured, if someone had chased said robber down the street and shot him in the back of the head, there would be a raft of shit coming down on that person.

Sorry if you don't like it, but them's the facts...

Then I hope you have a VERY good lawyer...

Once again, you shoot to stop the threat. The immediate threat. Not some "what if" threat that may or may not happen two weeks later.

But keep telling yourself otherwise. Keep tilting at windmills and shouting to all who will listen that you'd have no problem shooting a fleeing suspect. And the anti's will continue to use that as fodder against 2A rights...

Jamie

Point out where I ever said I would shoot a fleeing suspect????????????
    I never said it, so you can't.

My point is people are fed up with this shit, and if this happened more, less people would be inclined to try to pull this crap. It is actually a good argument for the "Shall Issue" team.... If we had a legislative and judicial system that actually did something more permanent against violent repeat offenders, less people would be put in this situation.... That's my point-- that's all.... I'm sorry if you don't like my perspective... but I'm pretty sure it is shared by many here...

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    Once the thief has the wallet and is fleeing with it, far better to try and run him down, tackle him and subdue him with a pistol-whip. As hard as it must be to not turn Charles Bronson on "the giggler", you either have to leg it out or pray for another opportunity. Too bad he did not draw the weapon whilst losing the wallet, though. That being said, no tears, here, as we could stand to drop some more thieves from the census...not just the ones in wifebeaters, but also the ones in suits.

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    Point out where I ever said I would shoot a fleeing suspect????????????
    I never said it, so you can't.

Then what did you mean when you said this (in response to my questioning the shooting of a fleeing suspect)?

At what point do we say enough is enough?? Hopefully I'm never put in a situation like that, but I'm pretty sure how I would respond.

You said that in response to my questioning the rationality of shooting a fleeing suspect.

And this?

My point is people are fed up with this shit, and if this happened more, less people would be inclined to try to pull this crap.

If what happened more? Shooting a fleeing suspect?

Lest you be confused, I have ZERO problem with defending myself or my family (or innocent bystanders, if need be). However, the zeal and celebration of the apparent shooting of a fleeing suspect in the back of the head is a horse of a different color.

When anti's see that, it reinforces their misguided belief that we're all a bunch of blood thirsty lunatics, just waiting for the opportunity to open fire on someone.

If that's what winds someone's watch, I don't want to be associated with them...

It is actually a good argument for the "Shall Issue" team.... If we had a legislative and judicial system that actually did something more permanent against violent repeat offenders, less people would be put in this situation.... That's my point-- that's all.... I'm sorry if you don't like my perspective... but I'm pretty sure it is shared by many here...

What's not to like about this statement? It's quite rational. But it's not what we were talking about, is it? It's the other part I have issues with...

Jamie

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    Then what did you mean when you said this (in response to my questioning the shooting of a fleeing suspect)?

You said that in response to my questioning the rationality of shooting a fleeing suspect.

And this?

If what happened more? Shooting a fleeing suspect?

Lest you be confused, I have ZERO problem with defending myself or my family (or innocent bystanders, if need be). However, the zeal and celebration of the apparent shooting of a fleeing suspect in the back of the head is a horse of a different color.

When anti's see that, it reinforces their misguided belief that we're all a bunch of blood thirsty lunatics, just waiting for the opportunity to open fire on someone.

If that's what winds someone's watch, I don't want to be associated with them...

What's not to like about this statement? It's quite rational. But it's not what we were talking about, is it? It's the other part I have issues with...

Jamie

What, is your wife away this week and you have no one to argue with?:D

Kinbote

Aug 17, 2010
    Logan isn't in MD. There just isn't nearly the amount of compassion for thieves, rapists, murderers and other violent felons there that is so prevalent here. Quite a good chance justice will be served and there will be no penalty for snuffing Edward Scissorshands.

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    I still run pretty fast. I'd like a crack at chasing the guy down and knocking him off of his feet from behind.

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    No, the law says you can "defend yourself". There comes a point where it's no longer "self defense" and one becomes a vigilante...

Jamie

You need to read up on Texas law. He would have been justified if this had happened in Texas (and I think a few other states).

That just shows that we have a ways to go to get the laws on the side of the citizen and not the criminal.

njbroug

Feb 6, 2009
    Laurel
    Even though the guy was scum, he got his wallet back and the guy wasnt a threat to him anymore, so why shoot him while he is running away? Sounds like his emotions got the best of him and he's gonna pay for it for 25-life.

He didn't get his wallet back. It was a poorly worded sentence by the person describing the incident. The "victim" referred to the thief, who had the wallet and was running away when shot.

Kinbote

Aug 17, 2010
    Logan isn't in Texas, but on the other hand, it isn't in a pro-criminal state like MD either, so the righteous man is likely to be justly rewarded, rather than punished, as he would be under "local" laws.

It's always nice to see a sinner meet a promise coming down his dusty road. And there's no doubt Mr. Snatchy-grabby deserved a good blasting; he brought scissors to a gunfight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom