• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Yes, I know, Dick's is pretty anti-2A and the fact that they've shuttered their "Lodge" departments across most of the chain does nothing but back this up. That said, the "Lodge" at the Frederick Dick's is in shutdown mode. Only about 1/3 of the guns remain, ammo is gone, and the fishing department is encroaching on the space that is left.

But, this is not a thread to lament the loss of a gun department and hunting gear selection. No, it's a heads up that EVERYTHING they have is 33%-75% off of the tagged price. I just walked out of there with $150 worth of hunting gear for $75. Even Crossbows, blinds, safes, etc. are marked down, and there's still good stuff to be had. I got some browning upland chaps for my pheasant hunts, a blocker outdoors Shield S3 jacket, as well as a couple of bow hangers, and a crossbow sling for that price.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Dicks has opened a new Outdoor based store called "Public Lands" it caters to all the outdoor sports, ,,,, Except no hunting,, literally everything but hunting.

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    Every honest dollar spent there is a donation spent by them to an anti gun lobbyist. Good deal or not, I refuse to give dicks a dime.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Every honest dollar spent there is a donation spent by them to an anti gun lobbyist. Good deal or not, I refuse to give dicks a dime.
    Not if they are selling it at a loss, which they may well be.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    When Dicks stopped selling .380 years ago they let it go off the shelves at less than wholesale. I just happened to be traveling all around MD on business and scooped much of it up.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I’m surprised Dicks still has any guns. I thought they got rid of that back after must’ve been after Sandy Hook?

They got rid of all "modern" rifles at that time and closed the firearm sections in most locations. They still had shotguns and hunting rifles at some "rural" locations.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Sad thing is the original Dicks in Binghamton NY was a hunting and fishing outfitter. Now it’s just a golf/ clothing store. F them.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Because the Original Founder ( named Dick ) was a big time fishing guy , and his original store was Fishing , Hunting , Camping type place .

A couple generations later , this is what we get .

( Not mentioned in this thread , but year or so back was mentioned they would spin off a seperate chain " Field & Stream " with the hunting and fishing stuff . )

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    They scrapped 5 million dollars worth of AR platform rifles. They've chosen their side. They have nothing I want.

This. I have a long memory. I've never set foot in that dump since that incident. As I now say about many people I once spoke to prior to 2020, I wouldn't spit on them if they were on fire. I'd rather be alone than spend my time with lemmings and I'd rather do without than knowingly give my money to a business that caves to the cancer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom