• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    I appreciate the offer Travis but she won't be coming out for a bit to shoot skeet, I kinda wanted to start her out with trap cause I think it's a little easier learning curve. I'm thinkin I'm gonna get her a beretta 12ga, everybody says they kick less than my benelli and I think that's pretty soft. If anybody hears of a nice used Beretta auto around make sure and give me a shout.

Last edited:

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I appreciate the offer Travis but she won't be coming out for a bit to shoot skeet, I kinda wanted to start her out with trap cause I think it's a little easier learning curve. I'm thinkin I'm gonna get her a beretta 12ga, everybody says they kick less than my benelli and I think that's pretty soft. If anybody hears of a nice used benelli auto around make sure and give me a shout.

If anybody hears of a nice used benelli auto around make sure and give me a shout

You may want to do an edit, my friend.:)

soup101

Mar 4, 2009
    Fantasy Island
    I appreciate the offer Travis but she won't be coming out for a bit to shoot skeet, I kinda wanted to start her out with trap cause I think it's a little easier learning curve. I'm thinkin I'm gonna get her a beretta 12ga, everybody says they kick less than my benelli and I think that's pretty soft. If anybody hears of a nice used Beretta auto around make sure and give me a shout.

T...I'm not selling mine but if you want to use it and see if she likes the fit/feel you are more then welcome to. Its a 391 Urika. LMK

I really need to get out to one of these Thur gigs.

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia

Good choice with the 12 ga. I have shot both a 20 ga semi and a 12 ga semi two rounds back to back and found that the felt recoil is more with the 20 ga. I am assuming because the 20 ga is a much lighter gun. My girl used to only use a 20 ga for shooting trap until I convinced her to use a 12 ga semi. She loved it.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Good choice with the 12 ga. I have shot both a 20 ga semi and a 12 ga semi two rounds back to back and found that the felt recoil is more with the 20 ga. I am assuming because the 20 ga is a much lighter gun. My girl used to only use a 20 ga for shooting trap until I convinced her to use a 12 ga semi. She loved it.

She shot a 20ga at Pintail and did fine with it but the wind really showed the weakness of the gauge. I pointed that out to her and she agreed to try the 12. After talking to a few buddies whom I trust implicitly for advice and are very much into shooting clays they warned me about her growing out of the gun in a very short period of time as she gets more proficient. I don't want to spend a grand or more on a shotty to have it be worthless in a year. They also agreed with your assessment that the 12 kicks less than the 20.

While you're borrowing his, why don't you let me borrow yours for a few weeks:innocent0 J/K

Kinda:D

You are more than welcome to borrow my shotty any time you would like to. I'm gonna go with a IC choke this time and see how she does, if you wanna shoot my gun all night we can just swap back and forth or I can try to get Joe's before Thursday.

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    You are more than welcome to borrow my shotty any time you would like to. I'm gonna go with a IC choke this time and see how she does, if you wanna shoot my gun all night we can just swap back and forth or I can try to get Joe's before Thursday.

I appreciate that, I really do. I like that gun a lot, I'm trying to save my allowance to get one:D, but I'll keep shootin' my $250 dicks special:D

And hopefully with the same luck I had at BCGF the other week, that was pure luck though

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    I appreciate that, I really do. I like that gun a lot, I'm trying to save my allowance to get one:D, but I'll keep shootin' my $250 dicks special:D

And hopefully with the same luck I had at BCGF the other week, that was pure luck though

Maybe your mom will buy you one for your graduation present and even let you keep it in your room.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom