• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • circleshooter

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2009
    Baltimore County
    Loch Raven Skeet & Trap Center is pleased to announce that our second annual Wobble Trap League will be starting at the end of August and will run for 12 weeks. It's every Thursday evening beginning at 5:00 pm.

The Wobble Trap League is open to both club members and non-members alike.

For more information please go to our website. The specifics are on our home page.

http://www.lochravenskeettrap.com/

mckraut

Apr 14, 2009
    Abingdon, MD
    Is trap field number 1 the wobble trap? I went to Loch Raven for the first time on Sunday and got my ass kicked on field 1.

circleshooter

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2009
    Baltimore County
    I see that scores from 10 of the 12 shoots are required for prizes. Are make-ups allowed?

That's one I can't answer. I'm not involved with the Wobble League planning and, unfortunately, I work most Thursday evenings so I can't shoot in it either.

Let me ask over the weekend and get back to this.

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    Have you ever shot it when they have it set for wobble trap DOUBLES?

No, but I bet that is a gas. Love to try it. I'd like to shoot regular trap doubles every now and then too. Can you request that the trap be set for that, or is done on a scheduled basis? You skeet guys get all the doubles love.
    Sorry you're not shooting the Wobble League.

circleshooter

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2009
    Baltimore County
    No, but I bet that is a gas. Love to try it. I'd like to shoot regular trap doubles every now and then too. Can you request that the trap be set for that, or is done on a scheduled basis? You skeet guys get all the doubles love.
    Sorry you're not shooting the Wobble League.

I've never seen them do trap doubles and the wobble doubles only happens sometimes. It's hard as hell!! I'm not sure how you get them to do that for you.

In case you didn't know, the main trap machine (field 2) died, after throwing only 2.5 million targets :rolleyes: , and is going to be replaced with a spiffy new $8k machine. I wouldn't be surprised if that one can throw standard trap doubles.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I've never seen them do trap doubles and the wobble doubles only happens sometimes. It's hard as hell!! I'm not sure how you get them to do that for you.

Trap doubles is often seen in the leagues. I have only shot it a couple of times. I figure I'll pick that up right after I master trap singles.....:innocent0

circleshooter

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2009
    Baltimore County
    I was thinking that we could double up on a Thursday to catch up.....I know already that I can't make 4 of the 12 weeks, I would need to make up at least two of them. If I can't make up, I would be just donating my prize money you something I have no chance to win.

I would call either Bob Schulze [410 666-2382] or Bill Frazee [410 207-8250]. They are the guys running the Wobble Trap League.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom