• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Any local shops that carry a good selection of quality knives to look at and handle?

Benchmade, Spyderco, etc.

RaVis

Oi!
    Jun 19, 2011
    Knife Center.

5111 Berwyn Rd,
    College Park, MD 20740

Go to their site, pick what you want to see, call 'em, ask them to have it ready, set up a time to visit.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    KnifeCenter.com in College Park.

They aren't a retail store. You must call ahead before you do a walk-in. They are willing have a few things out for you to handle before you decide which one to buy though.

MPDickerson101

MPDickerson101
    Jan 30, 2012
    Gotham City (Baltimore)
    I also recommend the Knife Center. Good prices and selection - but call ahead and arrange a few items to be on hand. The guys there seem pretty nice and easy going... I left there with several Cold Steel blowguns, a BK2 and a box of other goodies for a darn good price.

ThisGuy918

Nov 11, 2011
    +1 for niftyvt's comment. I also go to ye old cutlery for my knife viewing and purchasing pleasures. I always seem to find someone I didn't know about or like in pictures but love once it was in my hand.

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    KnifeCenter, AMH Cutlery, and Accurate Pawn and Tackle. Accurate Pawn is an industry partner. Gus sells damned near every brand but in terms of stock he has historically had more Benchmades than others. AMH Cutlery will have a hundred or so Benchmades and Spydercos at any time, many older LE/discontinued models. AMH also does Microtech and has some of the older Marfione Customs.

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    AMH over on the east side of baltimore. Bob does all the silverado gunshows. by far the best prices i've seen. he has no website. a luddite as it were. dont know if he has a phone either.

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    AMH over on the east side of baltimore. Bob does all the silverado gunshows. by far the best prices i've seen. he has no website. a luddite as it were. dont know if he has a phone either.

He has a landline with a cord on it. His hours are like 3-10PM. A lot of websites still show the Evelyn Ave address, which is no longer valid as yo noted. It is:
    6400 Frankford Ave Ste 8
    BALTIMORE,MARYLAND,21206

I have two #s in my cell...
    (410) 483-7434
    (410) 636-0880

While not a big technology guy, his prices are as fair as you get and I guess his ability to limit overhead is why. Some of the things he has cannot be found anywhere on the internet. If you are big on Microtech, he had a lot of Marfione Customs including some of the highest prized double actions (thin 4 figures). He's also got quite a lot of fine China.

Roneut

Oct 10, 2010
    He has a landline with a cord on it. His hours are like 3-10PM. A lot of websites still show the Evelyn Ave address, which is no longer valid as yo noted. It is:
    6400 Frankford Ave Ste 8
    BALTIMORE,MARYLAND,21206

I have two #s in my cell...
    (410) 483-7434
    (410) 636-0880

While not a big technology guy, his prices are as fair as you get and I guess his ability to limit overhead is why. Some of the things he has cannot be found anywhere on the internet. If you are big on Microtech, he had a lot of Marfione Customs including some of the highest prized double actions (thin 4 figures). He's also got quite a lot of fine China.

Is this the place? I was looking at Google Street View. Looks like a warehouse/industrial district. If he runs a knife shop out of there with no listing I don't know how he stays in business.

Attachments

• AMH.jpg
      AMH.jpg
      25.3 KB · Views: 343

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads