• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m_ev

Mar 22, 2013
    My parts list
    Aero upper and Aero handguard
    Faxon 18" big gunner barrel and Faxon BCG , Faxon low profile gas block and Surefire Warcomp
    The lower is an Aero assembled with carbine length buffer.
    I tried to keep the components matched because of the non standard parts for large frame ar's
    I was debating getting a SLR adjustable gas block but saw people had issues with the adjustment screw.
    I know I will probably have to try different buffer springs and or buffer weights to get it to run 100 % and am ok with that.
    This will be my first AR10 I wanted something different than my M1A

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I don't advertise working on large frame AR's because they are often a mess and owners don't listen to my parts suggestions, then get mad when things don't work.

I will say that you need to be very careful about who you choose. Someone worth their salt should know about specific parts of a large frame AR.

They should have the proper headspace gauges, large frame Midwest URR or similar device to prevent index pin damage, and know about proper carrier travel.

You will have much better luck if you install a tubb .308 Flatwire springs, and SLR Adjustable Gas Block. JP Bolts (Not the carriers) are a good choice as well.
    As someone who purchased what I thought were relatively high end large frame AR parts, ended up with serious tolerance stacking and other issues, and was bailed out by Chad, I can attest to both his competence in gunsmithing and good advice on parts.

grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019
    Purchased an Aero upper and a Faxon barrel and all the other parts.
    I am looking for someone local to assemble it so I dont have to send it out.
    Located in Harford county
    Thanks in advance

I bought the AR-15 builders guide manual, it’s easy. Tools are buy it once then you have them. I suspect the AR-10 Builders Manual is just as good.

Edit. Then there is YouTube

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom