• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    I've seen this at least half a dozen times at the golf course.........the trunk or a door left wide open and no one around. Do you think that he was running just a bit late for his tee time? :D

I took this picture this morning at Northwest Park Golf Course.

Attachments

• photo(2).jpg
      photo(2).jpg
      99.8 KB · Views: 146

Derwood

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2011
    DC area
    I've gotten into golf in the past two years or so. I live in Arlington now but will play anywhere in the DC area. Some of my favorite courses are Needwood, Falls Road and my local Haines Point (aka East Potomac Park). I'm not any good yet--I've shot 100 one time as my best score--but I'm getting better each time I play. Golf is hard. I love the challenge.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    I'm not any good yet--I've shot 100 one time as my best score--but I'm getting better each time I play. Golf is hard. I love the challenge.

Take some lessons. They help! About 6 months after I started playing I decided to take a few lessons. A month later I had dropped about 15 strokes from my typical rounds. And I also broke 80 towards the end of that first year.

small print disclaimer......your results may differ depending upon athletic ability, focus, practice time....and your putting. :)

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Take some lessons. They help! About 6 months after I started playing I decided to take a few lessons. A month later I had dropped about 15 strokes from my typical rounds. And I also broke 80 towards the end of that first year.

small print disclaimer......your results may differ depending upon athletic ability, focus, practice time....and your putting. :)

Lessons only help if you are willing to practice. But they will help since practicing doing thing the wrong way will only make it harder to get better. The best way to improve is simply to play more. If you can play once a week for a little while, you will see drastic improvement.

Tronski

May 27, 2012
    Lutherville md
    I've played golf most of my life. I used to work at a country club as a bartender when I was younger. Used to get out every day! Now that I have two kids it's about 3 times a year!

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    I've achieved a sub-80 round, an even par nine holes, and made a hole-in-one.

Now my realistic golf goals include playing Pebble Beach and St. Andrews and attending the Masters at Augusta.

Then I'll be done.

systemmaster

MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2009
    Lost
    St. Andrews and Augusta good luck and I hope you know somebody. I can only play those courses in my dreams. Pebble Beach greens were $300+ last I checked and tee times were reserved 6+ months in advance. However, there is one hole accessible right of the highway, tee to green. An ambitious person may take advantage of there between groups :innocent0.

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    St Andrews isn't difficult to get on. There are always golf packages and the daily lottery. Pebble Beach is about $550 now to play. I've been there and it's beautiful.

Masters tickets are easy to get on the secondary market. You just have to be willing to pay for them.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Masters tickets are easy to get on the secondary market. You just have to be willing to pay for them.

I've been to the Masters twice. 2003 (Mike Weir playoff win over Len Matice) and 2004 (Phil's 1st win) for Arnie's last round. If you get an opportunity, take it! The TV coverage is nice, but nothing like the experience of walking the course. There is definitively more elevation change than you perceive on TV. Plus it is one of the best run sporting events anywhere. And they have great prices on food. When I was there, a beer was $1.50 and a sandwich was $1.25. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    I started playing semi-seriously in 2001 and have played about 70 courses (yeah, I got around for several years). Some great, some decent, some we won't talk about. LOL!!

I think I would have given all of them up for courses I planned to play and had to cancel the trips.

TPC Sawgrass. Spyglass. Harding Park. The King and The Bear.

I all but gave it up (for several reasons) about 2009, and haven't played a full 18 in probably 18 months.

If I ever do get back to playing, I've already learned it's more about enjoyment than score, and memories over bragging rights.

Terpnut

Apr 12, 2011
    Severna Park
    Got to the masters for Phil's first win also and as rsideout said the TV coverage doesn't do it justice. I used to play 2-3 times a week in GA and would generally shoot in the mid 80's. Never practiced enough to get better but it didn't bother me as the scores were competitive with my buddies. Then ramped up to 3 kids, fishing the bay and hunting I just don't have any time. Probably haven't played in a year. Itching to get out though.

tomgallup

Jul 9, 2008
    Bel Air, MD
    Just starting to play golf, been at it for a month now and hit 110 last night at Wetlands, mid-range shots and putts went well, still working short game and driving. Anyone else just new to Golf?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom