• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kevp

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2008
    Here is a pic of my first 2011 procurement, a Lewis Machine and Tool (LMT) MWS in .308 with 16" chrome lined barrel (1-10 twist) along with the little brother MRP. I got it out to the range on Monday and dialed it in with M80 ball at 50yds with the BUIS and T1. She shoots nice and tight. It was cold and I didn't have much day light, so I'm won't shoot for accuracy until it warms up a bit. Round count from Monday was 47 rounds without a hitch. Lubed her up well with Slip EWL. From what I'm hearing, even with the chrome lined barrel, they are holding MOA and better at 100yds. I plan on adding a stainless 1-11.25 twist barrel when they become readily available. After shooting Tzoid's with the Battlecomp, that is also a planned upgrade- it works as advertised. As it sits now in battle rifle configuration- Troy BUIS, Magpul AFG, Vicker's sling, Aimpoint T1 in Larue mount, and Aimpoint 3x magnifier in a Larue flip mount.

Attachments

• LMTs.jpg
      LMTs.jpg
      56 KB · Views: 509

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    my brother has one, its a very nice rifle i just wish it wasnt so heavy

Which leads me to one of the questions I had: How much does it weigh in the current configuration? My fat, lazy ass doesn't want to break a sweat carrying something like that from the trunk of my car to the shooting bench. Add in the weight of a pack of paper targets and I might need oxygen. :rolleyes:

This looks like a hell of a fun gun to shoot......other than being fun, is there an intended specific purpose for the gun?

disco dan

Car Nut
    Feb 23, 2010
    Which leads me to one of the questions I had: How much does it weigh in the current configuration? My fat, lazy ass doesn't want to break a sweat carrying something like that from the trunk of my car to the shooting bench. Add in the weight of a pack of paper targets and I might need oxygen. :rolleyes:

This looks like a hell of a fun gun to shoot......other than being fun, is there an intended specific purpose for the gun?

my brothers with a nightforce 2.5-10x is like 13 pounds. they are very heavy

Kevp

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2008

The weight with no accessories is 8.9 pds. Since the system is modular with a quick change barrel, the weight will obviously go up if adding the 18 or 20" barrel. It is a bit heavier than similar platforms due to the monolithic upper receiver, but with that is the trade off for modularity. This gun won the British contract for a designated marksman rifle beating out the HK 417 and SCAR 17. The cool thing about this rifle is that it can serve in multiple roles from battle rifle to DMR to SASS.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    Congratulations on the LMT.

I'm at 1010 rounds so far. I've gave it pretty much all total shit ammo and she has had 1 double feed. I have yet to clean the gun, only a wipe down of the BCG one time and a relube every range trip. Most of my shooting has been suppressed, so she is a dirty girl. Not really sure when I'm going to clean it.

I did find that it really likes the 168 Prvi. Which is good cause it doesn't hurt the wallet as much as other match ammo @ $12.95 a box I can stock up on it.

soup101

Mar 4, 2009
    Fantasy Island
    Nice rifle Kev. This may end up on the short list pending some more positive reports from You, Jeep and Tzoid.

I have a few boxes of that Prvi 168 match Jeep is talking about. If you want a box to test LMK and I'll give you one at the match Sunday.

Kevp

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2008
    Nice rifle Kev. This may end up on the short list pending some more positive reports from You, Jeep and Tzoid.

I have a few boxes of that Prvi 168 match Jeep is talking about. If you want a box to test LMK and I'll give you one at the match Sunday.

I didn't know you were going Sunday. Good deal. Look forward to seeing you.

mdjamesd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    Towson
    my brother has one, its a very nice rifle i just wish it wasnt so heavy

I have yet to shoot one, but I've held a few in stores, whatever that's worth....It points and handles like a slightly heavier AR 15. Many other AR 10 platforms haven't "felt right", but the MWS is a different animal.

Caeb75

Full fledged member
    Sep 19, 2007
    Aberdeen
    I knew something was up when you put the repr up for sale. I have been looking at these and at OBR's. I want to make a move on one of the two in the next couple months.

tzoid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 8, 2007
    Kev,

I'm glad you're happy with the new acquisition. When we get a thaw I would love to get together and do some shooting. I have changed my configuration a bit with a NightForce 1-4 x 24 NXS. I also have a Aimpoint T-1
    both with LaRue mounts so I have options.:D

I am also considering the stainless 18"or20" barrel.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    LMT has a 13.5" MWS barrel they may release for civilian sales.

They had a good selection of caliber conversion barrels at SHOT. I may need a second MWS.

Caeb75

Full fledged member
    Sep 19, 2007
    Aberdeen
    LMT has a 13.5" MWS barrel they may release for civilian sales.

They had a good selection of caliber conversion barrels at SHOT. I may need a second MWS.

If they release the short barrels, that would push me to the MWS over the OBR.

tzoid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 8, 2007
    KevP

I'm almost to the point to pull the trigger on a 20" 5R Barrel.. If you get time could you give me a call and provide your opinion?

T

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom