• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Based off another thread, seems like a good time to bump this one...

jmiller320

Ultimate Member
    Aug 7, 2008
    Havre de Grace
    I went to Three Seven Tactical in Elkton. $52.00 for the live scan. They take walk ins, but best to call first as both of them have other jobs and their son is a senior playing lacrosse, so since it's his last year they do what parents do. They also offer classes for Maryland and Delaware. HQL, Wear and Carry, CC Recertification, Basic and Advanced Defensive Handgun Tactics, Private instruction.

302-545-0233

gforce

MDS Supporter
    Aug 22, 2018
    Used MD small arms range, fast and friendly, $65 at time I did it

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I used United Gun Shop. Convenient, and no appointment needed. I forget what it cost.

Old-School Mark

My pronouns: Me, Myself and I.
    Jan 23, 2023
    Silver Spring
    I also used United. I think it was about $55 +/-. I later used whichever service came to Gilbert Indoor Range during my CCW class. IT was probably closer to $70, but it saved me the trip back to Rockville.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    I’ve used Maryland LiveScan for all my permits and renewals. The prints are always rejected as are the retakes. Does anyone have reason to believe another provider could do better?
    That’s where I went. I’ve used them for my employment and they were super convenient .

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    I’ve used Maryland LiveScan for all my permits and renewals. The prints are always rejected as are the retakes. Does anyone have reason to believe another provider could do better?
    No. Some individuals are more unreadable than others. About 5% are chronically unreadable.

Tapper

MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2024
    Pasadena
    No. Some individuals are more unreadable than others. About 5% are chronically unreadable.
    They did struggle getting good prints from me this time. (My hands were dry/cracked from the weather). They’ve done mine twice before for employment with no issue.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Appreciate the info. In my case, after two rejections, there’s a process whereby the applicant is waved through. I’ve never been denied a permit.

CWO

Jul 25, 2012
    Today I went to "Express Fingerprinting" in Gaithersburg (915-B Russell Ave.). I did a walk-in for W&C with no wait at all. Very quick, friendly and I was in and out as quickly as anyone could expect. $56. 60 seconds off the I270 exit - so quite convenient. They can't be more helpful.

Recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom