• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rimfire

May 20, 2013
    Fred Co.
    Same status for GR, plenty of optimism though. Must be patient. My guess is that after the July 4th celebrations, we will have reason for another one.:party29:

Worst case, end of July this will be over, just 2 weeks before I would have approval anyway. Now that's optimism.

Thanks for keeping tabs on them, at this point I'll probably (hopefully, if I don't end up in review) get an ND back on my 4/12 purchase before they make up their minds, but it's good to know there is some hope if I end up in review.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I spoke with someone from Blue Fins on the phone yesterday afternoon. I asked about my lower purchased in mid-may and was told to wait another month. Then I asked if they were doing 8 day releases and was told that they are not. The person was very kind and courteous (don't think it was Dave).

NavyATFP

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 3, 2013
    Hyattsville
    Atlantic Guns Silver Spring does require a waiver to be signed but they are most definitely releasing. Picked up my Bond Arms Texas Defender and my Walther PK380 Friday. Now just have to take a day off and go break them in a bit. Had not noticed the waiver mentioned so thought I would add it. They didn't ask to see my prior ND but as they knew me in that store id assume they knew I had multiple prior ND this year at that location. Time to buy some lowers.

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    I updated the dealers spreadsheet with a comment. I emailed Ricks Gun & Pawn twice in the last 7 days to ask if they've updated their policy. No response either time!

Cliff P

Mar 22, 2013
    Bel Air
    I can't view the spreadsheets (Google Drive and other file sharing services are blocked on gubment networks), but can anyone provide an update on Gun Connection? I'm hearing that they're in talks with lawyers and may change their minds?

ianmcall

Sep 21, 2011
    Damascus, MD
    I can't view the spreadsheets (Google Drive and other file sharing services are blocked on gubment networks), but can anyone provide an update on Gun Connection? I'm hearing that they're in talks with lawyers and may change their minds?

Last update I received was 6/26: they are in talks with their lawyer and are hoping for a change.

ianmcall

Sep 21, 2011
    Damascus, MD
    Any word on Larry's Trading Post in O.C. I don't see them on the Dealer Specific Spreadsheet anymore.

Thanks John

Fixed. there was an editing error on my part. they are listed as solid no but we have not received an update in some time about them. give them a call and report back

Pmbspyder

Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012

Last update I received was 6/26: they are in talks with their lawyer and are hoping for a change.

Spoke with them last week after they met with their attorney. They don't feel comfortable releasing to anyone regardless of qualification after consulting with their attorney. I have spoken extensively with Dan and he knows that it is legal, but doesn't feel comfortable doing it. His shop, his rules I guess.

Asked if anything would change his mind and he said the only way he would start releasing is if MSP officially changed POC to dealers 100% (aka never happening).

Strap yourselves in for a long wait if you have something in waiting over there...

Cliff P

Mar 22, 2013
    Bel Air
    Spoke with them last week after they met with their attorney. They don't feel comfortable releasing to anyone regardless of qualification after consulting with their attorney. I have spoken extensively with Dan and he knows that it is legal, but doesn't feel comfortable doing it. His shop, his rules I guess.

Asked if anything would change his mind and he said the only way he would start releasing is if MSP officially changed POC to dealers 100% (aka never happening).

Strap yourselves in for a long wait if you have something in waiting over there...

Thanks to you both. I really think they're great folks from what the wife said, just dont want to have the sr45 I paid for to be stuck in limbo forever =(. I hope they wont be offended if I ask for a refund if I dont see something before I head out on vacation.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 2

Pmbspyder

Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Thanks to you both. I really think they're great folks from what the wife said, just dont want to have the sr45 I paid for to be stuck in limbo forever =(. I hope they wont be offended if I ask for a refund if I dont see something before I head out on vacation.

No problem. I feel your pain, I've had a lower there for 2 months already...

I believe they have a hefty restocking fee policy, so you may have to negotiate that.

They are all good people, it just bums me out that they've chosen to not release. I can respect it, but I don't agree with it at all.

RollinCoal

May 1, 2013
    Moco md
    Here a update just in about atlantic guns rockville and silver spring location. They are doing a 14 day with requirements as stated and wavier. But they are also working through back log. Will update when I get to pick up my newest purchase . They said would probly be a few weeks so well see how long it takes . Also this was at the rockville location. They also said once they clear there back log they will keep to the 14 day as long ad requirements are met .

Texas2012

Jan 25, 2013
    Olney
    Atlantic Guns Silver Spring does require a waiver to be signed but they are most definitely releasing. Picked up my Bond Arms Texas Defender and my Walther PK380 Friday. Now just have to take a day off and go break them in a bit. Had not noticed the waiver mentioned so thought I would add it. They didn't ask to see my prior ND but as they knew me in that store id assume they knew I had multiple prior ND this year at that location. Time to buy some lowers.

When did you originally fill out paperwork on it? I'd assume they are going in order, so it'd be nice to gauge how much longer I've got. Thanks.

Hicap

Magazine Clips
    Jun 10, 2012
    Who's the best FFL in Montgomery co for 8 day release? Also is the 8 day release for firearms purchased directly from the specific FFL or for transferred firearms as well?

NavyATFP

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 3, 2013
    Hyattsville
    When did you originally fill out paperwork on it? I'd assume they are going in order, so it'd be nice to gauge how much longer I've got. Thanks.

Some time in April (not sure the exact date at the moment) but i think i was around 9 or 10 weeks when i picked up. I wont speak for them on what order they are going in but ill say this, there was no lines waiting for guns friday and none again today(at the silver springs location) when i went to purchase 2 lowers but how you read into that is your call. No one asked if id been called and my regular salesman handled my purchases quick both days. You still have to have an ND, are a DC or LEO so im sure many of those waiting are new purchasers that the 14 day wait will not apply to.

Cliff P

Mar 22, 2013
    Bel Air
    No problem. I feel your pain, I've had a lower there for 2 months already...

I believe they have a hefty restocking fee policy, so you may have to negotiate that.

They are all good people, it just bums me out that they've chosen to not release. I can respect it, but I don't agree with it at all.

If that's the case, I'll just have to purchase a couple sidearms from an 8 day releaser, and sell (or keep) the SR after its eventual release from purgatory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom