• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sockgirl77

Pervinerdi
    Mar 5, 2013
    St. Mary's County.
    In reference to All Pawn, I picked up my lil' S&W M&P .22 from there today. Called to verify first and they stated that they indeed they were releasing after 8 days to military, retired, military, military dependents, etc. Basically if you have an ID they will release to you at 8 days. No need for an appointment or anything, I just dropped by after work. I was in and out of there in about 10-15 minutes. Took them longer to find were my gun was located than it was to sign the forms. The guys there have always been nice and helpful anytime that I've stopped by there. They also had a few ARs, shotguns and a decent selection of handguns both new and used for all. Not a full release by any means but they are doing something for military, former military, dependents, etc.

I wonder if this applies to DoD employees that have a security clearance. I have 2 clearances and am at day 86 thanks to a supposedly common name.

Secondisours

Feb 6, 2013
    Longest is 90 days (Scarab), and I may be meeting that soon I am currently at 82 days and counting with an email from the MSP stating "Good afternoon, your application has been placed on review and must be cleared by a sworn member of the section. The sworn members are currently processing applications dated March 9th at this time." Keep in mind I just picked up a secondary review that was back on 3/1 on 3/18 79 days.

sockgirl77

Pervinerdi
    Mar 5, 2013
    St. Mary's County.
    Longest is 90 days (Scarab), and I may be meeting that soon I am currently at 82 days and counting with an email from the MSP stating "Good afternoon, your application has been placed on review and must be cleared by a sworn member of the section. The sworn members are currently processing applications dated March 9th at this time." Keep in mind I just picked up a secondary review that was back on 3/1 on 3/18 79 days.

You and I are on the same timeframe. I'm at 86 days for my 3/11 purchase. I am REALLY hoping that I'll get to go to the range this weekend.

mcornish86@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Exactly, the FFLs are on our side, why are some people here so obsessed with turning them into the enemy? Settle down.

Not every ffl is on our side. The ones who listen to msp bullcrap that that they have to wait till map sends NICs back back is being fooled by msp and they ignorant for not knowning the laws that coincide with their business. Some believe that have to wait and won't even do their own research in laws that govern firearms and the nature of them. Its not hard for them to look them up. Hell Google it they must. My ex ffl keep telling people they ffls are suppose to wait till the NICs come back. Even tho the law states after 8 days they "may" release them. Lying ass msp.. Map can tell them anything they want and alot of people think anything that comes out a cops or map mouth is law. I seen a lot of officers ignorant about then laws even simple basic ones (select fire inc in glen burnie is not doing 8th day release and crazy transfer price they telling customers that its against the law to release after 8 days)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Mar 20, 2013
    MOCO
    1) Accuracy Clinic, Rockville ("Uncle Frank")
    2) Accuracy Clinic confirmed that they will begin releasing early, but stated that existing backlog may result in wait times "just as long as the (MSP) waiting period"
    3) Per Frank Och. As of 6/5/13.

dfens42

Publius
    Jun 7, 2012
    Free America-WV Province
    Not every ffl is on our side. The ones who listen to msp bullcrap that that they have to wait till map sends NICs back back is being fooled by msp and they ignorant for not knowning the laws that coincide with their business. Some believe that have to wait and won't even do their own research in laws that govern firearms and the nature of them. Its not hard for them to look them up. Hell Google it they must. My ex ffl keep telling people they ffls are suppose to wait till the NICs come back. Even tho the law states after 8 days they "may" release them. Lying ass msp.. Map can tell them anything they want and alot of people think anything that comes out a cops or map mouth is law. I seen a lot of officers ignorant about then laws even simple basic ones (select fire inc in glen burnie is not doing 8th day release and crazy transfer price they telling customers that its against the law to release after 8 days)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

:rolleyes::sad20::rolleyes::sad20:

Do you not understand that the FFLs are business owners? That they don't exist to serve your every whim and desire? They have insurance and bonding requirements to fulfill and some of them may have clauses saying they have to wait for MSP to ND an application. And some may not want to take a chance legally. I don't blame them. If I was a business owner I would have to consider the same things.

wesser1

Dec 19, 2012
    Havre de Grace
    I can confirm that J&K Pawn in Havre de Grace is releasing in 8 days to customers who have a ND with them previously. They released my lowers yesterday that have been waiting for three weeks, and they wold me to come back in 8 days for my new firearm that I just did paperwork for.

Also, they raised their transfer price to $80 from $60. :tdown:

Grits

In God I Trust And Live
    Jul 12, 2012
    Frederick
    I am only day 10 (5/25) with Gunrunners, Frederick. I did talk with Bob last week and he told me why he would not release early. I very much respect his position and I am not going to go into a frenzy over it. I can wait if he chooses to stand by his position. I look forward to dealing with Bob and Fred in the future. I do believe that Bob is open to a change of heart. If I get a call I will certainly let you other guys with weapons stacked in the corner of his shop know. Or, if you get a call, let us know.:)

bigwillc

Apr 12, 2013
    Charles County - Da Dorf
    I wonder if this applies to DoD employees that have a security clearance. I have 2 clearances and am at day 86 thanks to a supposedly common name.

When I talked to them and got my gun released to me on The day before yesterday, "I" was told any military or law enforcement ID would work for them. Since then others here on the forum have stated that they are not releasing early to anybody. I must have been one of the lucky few.

madness3120

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 4, 2012
    Got this from All Pawn:

We are waiting for clarification from the MSP concerning this issue. The email on 5-31 that everyone is referencing was a procedural email according to the MSP. I spoke with a commander who has licensing under his command and he confirmed it was not authorization to start 8th day release. I am waiting to hear back from him before we decide to start releasing firearms.

ianmcall

Sep 21, 2011
    Damascus, MD
    Got this from All Pawn:

We are waiting for clarification from the MSP concerning this issue. The email on 5-31 that everyone is referencing was a procedural email according to the MSP. I spoke with a commander who has licensing under his command and he confirmed it was not authorization to start 8th day release. I am waiting to hear back from him before we decide to start releasing firearms.

Thats funny because they were telling customers 24hrs ago that they were a solid no and before that they were releasing...

commiezapr

May 13, 2013
    Bethesda
    1) Accuracy Clinic, Rockville ("Uncle Frank")
    2) Accuracy Clinic confirmed that they will begin releasing early, but stated that existing backlog may result in wait times "just as long as the (MSP) waiting period"
    3) Per Frank Och. As of 6/5/13.

This is great news for me, he has one of my lowers.

EDIT: I assume he means that for new purchases the wait will be as long as the msp process.

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    heard back from MSP today. Really wish I could find out exactly why im in review:

From: "MSP Firearms Registration -State Police-" <msp.firearmsregistration@maryland.gov>
    Sent: Wednesday, June 5, 2013 1:20:08 PM
    Subject: ND processing dates

Good afternoon, we are currently processing applications dated March 9th for individuals placed on review and March 22nd for those that are not on review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom